Anyone know what these pipes might be worth?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When you count your labor, I doubt you will make any money even if you get a better than average price. If you are doing it as a hobby project and realize it will cost you something as a net cost, it's up to you. I'd count your labor as twice minimum wage, which is the minimum it would cost you to pay someone else. I think you have to have a minimum number of posts etc. to sell on Forums, but not on ebay of course. I'd be hesitant to buy lots, since some pipes will likely go unused and unsold, hence raising the cost of the others. Some people do well with lots, if they have already allotted time to work on pipes and will do something with almost all of them, but they are a special breed of cat.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Another failed attempt to get the images to show up in a post. They are out there, but almost inaccessible except by clicking.
k4yqm0

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
If you are getting all of the pipes for $30 total, I say go for it if you do the cleaning and polishing yourself. Can't tell what most of them are, but they look like some I've seen in junktique shops for $30 - $35 apiece. And those were pipes that needed cleaning.
It just depends on how much time and effort you want to put into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.