PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
thanks flyfishin, and no i would not imply there is better than MM, i currently have 2 lower end MM's and they are great but wondered if the more expensive freehand smoked better. Mine take the 6mm filter an i see the freehand takes none.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
The country gentleman has a nice big bowl and the dark finish doesn't make it look so corny if you care about that aspect.

295.jpg

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I really like what walkerbriarworks.com does to cobs. While I have yet to buy one of there custom cobs, I do love their stems. I would like to propose that a MM w/ a "real" stem is the #1 cob.
Of the customized pipes they offer I like the idea of the nosewarmer, and general versions.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
i love my country gent. smoked it today. they may not be hundred dollar pretty pipes, but they smoke pretty dang well.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
I prefer the MM Diplomat cause it has a wooden plug in the bottom to prevent the most common type of burnout.

Jul 12, 2011
I really like the MM cobs...Eggs are real nice w/hardwood plug bottoms on them and when I get done with them....custom cobs they be :puffy:
sdragoncustomcobs-600x206.jpg

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I don't really have a preference. i have a General McArthur, couple patriots. Don't have a country Gentleman. Most of mine are Missouri Prides.

I keep one in each vehicle and one in the camper. They don't care. :) maybe I should pick up a Country Gentleman just to say I got one. LOL.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
The country Gentleman has a great appearance. I'll have to get one of these in the New Year.

theray

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
I have 6 freehands and love them all! Go to marscigars.com, the freehand is $21.75 there and the service is great. You can never have too big a bowl size is my opinion! :)

The general is my #2, then #3 goes to the egg.
Smokingdragon, did you customize that egg? I wanted some custom work done on my MacArthur...PM me...thanks!

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I like MM Country Gentleman but the Freehand is an excellent smoker. I just got a Dewey Cob that burned right through the bottom of the bowl - so Missouri Meerschaums are now my prefered cob smokes.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I prefer either the Great Dane Spool or the Diplomat, but the Natural freehand is the absolute best smoking pipe I have ever owned. You might want to check out my Buyers Guide for more information on all MM cobs.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Missouri_Meerschaum_Corncob_Buying_Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.