PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
As a new owner of a country gent and...um...something in an egg shape (sorry, the style/name eludes me for the moment) I would say you probably can't go wrong. They both smoke very well. I would get a different stem if you could as I don't particularly like the plastic, but that's my only complaint. I was very impressed.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I LOVE my freehand, best stem that is stock, its vulcanite, I love it cant express how good it smokes, i have had legends and country gents, and even a patriot, but the freehand is the best.
I got mine from marscigars.com for 20 dollars, so its not super expensive
I give it an A+++, one of the best smokers i have

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I LOVE my freehand, best stem that is stock, its vulcanite, I love it cant express how good it smokes, i have had legends and country gents, and even a patriot, but the freehand is the best.
I got mine from marscigars.com for 20 dollars, so its not super expensive
I give it an A+++, one of the best smokers i have

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Someone mentioned plastic stems. For the past several months all MM cobs have shipped with acrylic stems. And personally, I think the natural models smoke cooler, and are currently only available direct from MM, who will ship world wide, as far as I know.

Jul 12, 2011
Here is another custom cob I made for my Virginia flake smoke'in...happy to report the upgrades have served her/me very well and she is a GREAT smoker :puffy:
customcobblueswilrssband-448x600.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
FYI All,

I should have about 6 custom cobs ready in the 1st or 2nd week of Jan (3-Bent Country Gents and 3-Bent Eggs). I have some nice bamboo and purple bamboo (brown-type, not purple in color) along with nice swirl lucite stems..also going to to try and put a nice lucite or briar shank-ext. on them as well...just PM me if interested
Happy Holidays/New Year brothers/sisters,

TheSmokinDragon

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I have a few cobs. I don't think shape or style has anything to do with how nice a pipe it is, They all start out kinda the same as far as smoking goes. Some cobs break in better and turn out to be fantastic pipes, others never really improve much.
I have a Country Gent I picked up for $2 off a bulk pack at the smoke shop that is one of my favorite smokers, and probably the most frequently used in my rotation. I also had a country gent from the same bulk that just never felt or tasted "right". It's hard to qualify that with any kind of legitimate description, but I'm sure other smokers get what I mean.
Here is the previously mentioned Country Gent, which is never very far from me. I modified it a bit, as you can see.

aw2tdd.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/customized-cob-churchwarden
(EDIT TO ADD)

@SmokingDragon: That's pretty slick! Would you be able to do that with a "General" or "freehand"?

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
My Great Dane Spool is my favorite non-modified cob. My cobwarden made from a Great Dane egg is next.

Jul 12, 2011
@kf5-Thanks brah, I could do with Generals and freehands as well...and speaking of Generals/check out my Jake Hackert dual'in Generals :puffy:
For English Blends

jhackertsaddlebitmmgencob-600x310.jpg

For Vs/VaPers

jhackerttapmmgencop-600x450.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
Here is another Egg w/bamboo shank and an Orig Uncle A~Red Lucite stem..I can't wait to get my Uncle A~Fire swirl stem soon as I have a nice bent country gent w/bamboo and SS-925 band to go with and perhaps a nice med-walnut stain
sdragoncustomcobs-600x206.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.