PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 19, 2011
Best time? I do mobile maintenance around various office-buildings; when I finish the first job of the day and get back into the vehicle(cup of tea and pipe) lovely!

The second best time is after my wife and I have had our evening meal...light the pipe...a bit of washing up to do, then pipe again with a homebrew beer usually. Mike

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
I usually smoke late at night. During the weekends I try and get a smoke in mid day and then in the evening. Although during the winter it's far and few between. I can't wait for spring :puffpipe:

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Before bed, all the days chores done, just a nice calm relaxing cloud of smoke and chill.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I am usually not a fan of the "how many bowls do you smoke a day" threads and the like, but this question popped into my mind this morning, not so much as a poll, but because I have no been smoking long enough to have a "favorite time."
So, as a good little netizen, I searched before posting, and I found this 4-year-old thread...
I generally smoke all day long - I am lucky that way. But, being an early riser, my favorite smokes are in the morning with coffee. Forebodings of winning the lottery and retiring? I think so.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I don't have time in the mornings and do not smoke at all during the day due to work/etc. I usually smoke in the evening at home after dinner. On weekends, I smoke morning/afternoon/night depending on my mood.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I actually think my favorite time is early in the morning, in the cool air.
However, with a 2 year old and a 7 month old that hardly every happens!

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
All day, but I've found I was born at the wrong time.
I found out recently that, until 1980 my college allowed instructors to smoke in the classroom and, until 1999 we were allowed to smoke in our offices.
I started here in 2003. Damn!
I feel like I would be a much better teacher with a bowl of Pirate Kake burning in my pipe.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Since I generally only get one or two bowls a week, the Friday afternoon/evening ritual has become my favorite time, either lounging at the B&M with my pipe and a good book on my e-reader/phone/tablet, or sitting on the back porch under the umbrella until the sun dips behind the other houses and I'm in the shade again, with a pipe and a book and a drink (usually just cool water)...

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I tend to be a bowl a day guy so for me its early early morning or late evening. I like the quiet at sunrise and sunset

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
If I could only smoke once a day it would have to be after everyone else has gone to bed....with the television off and in total silence, I can enjoy a little quiet time with the angels and saints.
I've got to agree; Best smoke of the day is after dark and just before heading to bed when all is quiet and still.
A bowl of Medal of Valor or Escudo Mature Flake and my thoughts.

Chris in Red Deer Alberta

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
In the cool of the early morning, outside with a cup of good coffee, taking in the fresh air.
Quiet and relaxed.....

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Interesting to see this thread reawakened; its a good one. My personal favorite time is early morning after breakfast. But my VERY favorite time is any time when it is raining. I have a screened in porch in which I prop up my feet and just enjoy a bowl or two, listening to the rain hit the ground like bacon frying (a M*A*S*H quote), and watching the sun move across the sky behind the clouds...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For me, the after-dinner smoke is always enjoyable.

However, my first bowl of the day, with coffee after breakfast, might be my favotite smoke of the day.

Usually, the Prince is my preference, a friendly and familiar companion, and a warm cup of coffee seems to enhance its flavor.

Now it's time for another cup...and another bowl.
What he, the OP, said. Same here, except the italics; I don't have a specific smoker I go to.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Between the hours of 5:00AM-7:00AM, 1:00PM-3:00PM & 7:00PM-10:00PM. These are the hours I'm awake and the 2 year old is "supposed" to be in bed.

sagepipe

Lurker
Nov 27, 2014
Around sunset. I live in front of a small pond so I sit, smoke, and enjoy the view. It is very relaxing. Also, anytime on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.