PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like sable, no strict plan for me. I think I'm ready for some burley, but I'll see. D&R Two Timer, C&D Tuggle Hall, Five Brothers, or something else. Independence Day, you know. Some Semois would be nice, but not very U.S. oriented.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'll be smoking about 20lbs of sockeye salmon over the next few days as well, and probably fire up some moose brats and caribou burgers tomorrow evening. Several pounds of homemade chipotle potato salad, and my wife's fresh caprese salad oughta make it a nice day. All washed down with numerous brews of course, likely pilsner and IPA given the heat wave here, leftover cake and wild scoops ice cream for dessert followed by some Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Single Barrel Bourbon, and a little Elmer T. Lee Bourbon most likely as well.
Awesome. I just started using a propane smoker I bogught for Christmas. SO far, I've done one pork shoulder (just OK), and a chicken, which came out pretty well. Good ole' yardbird So cheap, so forgiving. The meat of the proletariat
I love smoked salmon. I may hit you up for some tips when I get some to try.

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
This morning I decided a good American pipe would be my giant Roush belge with his gnarly rustication. Triple Play would’ve made sense as an all-American blend but would be a bit much for this giant so I went with some 11 year old Solani 633 instead.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Happy Independence Day to all. I have been in several countries that are far from free and I was quick to realize that even with all our "issues", we are fortunate to live in a great country. I am kicking today off with Plum Pudding Reserve in a golden flame Comoy.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Cult Militia in a MM Dagner Poker.

rmh-tp-1000.png

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Tentatively mapping out bowls of Missouri Meerschaum Independence Day 2015, Peretti Tashkent and maybe Cuban Mixture 202.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I started my day with some 2006 Astleys no 109 in a Rad Davis Billiard. My second pipe of the day is all prepped and ready to go after this bowl goes out. I am going with one of the all time great American artisans with my Michael Butera Apple filled with 1997 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I’m smoking Full Virginia Flake in a custom MM Patriot cob nosewarmer with cherry wood shank and vulcanite stem today.
Happy Independence Day !

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I never got around to breaking out another Peretti blend. Instead, I jarred up 2 pounds of Bold Kentucky I've had waiting on jars, so I got reacquainted with it.
Lovely stuff.
Now, I'm back to the Tashkent, as I listen to my drunken neighbors setting off explosives outside.
'Merica!
america-collage.png

jay-roger.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My Cohiba Esplendido was just alright. Kind of sums up my feelings on the brand in general. If there's anything more American than being left unfulfilled by ostentatious and wasteful displays of wealth*, I don't know what it is.
Jay, Bold Kentucky is next on my list of high octane blends to try. I'm sure the flavor will be uo my alley, but does it have a good nicotine kick?
I won a 3 pack of Esplendidos. I don't spend that kind of money on cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.