PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Master of Pipes and Certified Tobacconist James Foster got out into the trenches on this one. I hope you find this as intriguing as I did learning some history, what makes a Dupont lighter different, and how to spot a fake amongst other great info, including a conversation with a Dupont expert. Check it out right here!

S.T. Dupont Review and a Tale of Two Lighters

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Nice article! 👍

I wonder if S. T. Dupont, being owned by Dickson Concepts, has meant a decline in quality.

I personally want to find a nice vintage Dupont lighter, I’ve been looking for quite some time.

While not wanting to mention places selling fakes, I only saw that as not quite being on topic for the article is all.

I believe we do need to share among others, places selling counterfeit fake products for those that are looking for legitimate products, who may fall victim, to help share.

Etsy has to be one of the worst places for many things counterfeit, besides Dupont lighters, so be careful there!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have both fake and real ST DuPont lighters. The fake Ligne 2's are very good and reliable. They are my most-used lighters.