PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Hooray for Kentucky!Youll never see anything like that happen in New York unless it is somehow beneficial to NYC.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I live in Campbell Co, KY, so I was very excited when I heard about this bill. The northern part of the county is actually closer to downtown Cincinnati than almost every suburb in Hamiton Co, OH (which is smoke free). A foot bridge connects what is called the Newport Levy in KY to down town and quick car access across the riverto OH make the area a pretty robust entertainment area. People come from all the surrounding areas to enjoy our bars and clubs because they can smoke. If you choose not to smoke or be around smokers you can go 2 miles west or north to the bar districts in Kenton Co, KY or downtown Cincy.
I don't smoke when I go out, and I visit all the areas, but what I do recognize and love is that 100's of millions of dollars in private investment and revenues gets pumped into Nothern Campbell Co, KY where I live because people choose our bars because they are unique and allow smoking.
The crux of the debate for me is patronage, because it equates to revenue and reinvestment in my community. I'm proud of it.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
That's a good post, jayh. :clap:
I usually don't smoke at restaurants either, but I try to keep the flame burning by asking for the smoking section, even after smoking sections have been banned! When told there is no smoking section, I give the person a dirty look. This tells them the ban is NOT appreciated by me and a lot of other people. :nana:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
But at the same time...a gov't returning stolen liberties? Methinks the Mayans were about 22 months off on their apocalyptic predictions!
Remember Colin, some people think the apocalypse is on May 21st (I will happily take receipt of all pipes and tobacco of those who believe this - PM me for an address while you've still got a day to get em in the mail!) :roll:
Congradulations Kentucky; nice to see a bastion of reason amongst the sea of legislative bs in regards to tobacco usage we are normally drowning in.

Status
Not open for further replies.