PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I wanted to post this because of a post by another member regarding a pipe he thought was a homemade rustication. This pipe was allegedly one of a box full of pipes recovered from a railroad depot in Germany. These were apparently supposed to be for the troops from their commander, which was never delivered:

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
An SS pipe? I have heard rumors that Hitler smoked a pipe as well. Very nice find with a lot of history to it!!

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Can't image "recovering" a box full of pipes like that! I would be torn with; Do I turn these in for pieces of History or do I keep them all to myself and not say a word!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Interesting as Nazi Germany led the first anti-tobacco campaign and heavily regulated smoking in public. The Nazi's really were the tobacco Nazi's.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Fascinating. Yes, that is very similar to my pipe. The craftsmanship on yours is a step up, I think. The metal ring on mine is very corroded. It may have been more shiney back in the day.
Thanks for posting your pipe and bring some history to light!
craft%20pipe_zps7cmouywr.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Cool pipes! I'd like to see one of those up close. I have a thing about WW2 era non-brair pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.