PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
No really not any good times. I am not upset about the divorce. I should have never been in the relationship with her and I told her from the get go, but allowed to be talked iinto dating her. She made me a different person and not a good one. The relationship caused my PTSD to be much worse and was pretty hostile situation Constantly. Constant suicidal thoughts during the relationship due to the other and no way out of the arguing. I am sure there were a few good times in there, but I gave up so much of myself and my career. Only really good memories are not of her, but of my friends I met due to all the changes of jobs and locations.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This is like foreplay to a "for sale" post.
I'm in the haters-gonna-hate, so make new memories camp.
Load it with something good, and for the first time in its life, see it as the pipe it is and not as related to her!
Also Michael Mirza and Sable give great advice above.
I hope things get better over your way! ...start with some Old Joe Krantz!

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Gorgeous pipe, great shape, and as Gloucesterman said: "It will certainly serve as a reminder of what not to do again..."
I have an old GF's name tattooed on my left shoulder (heart shaped, kind of an old sailor's tattoo). Kept it for over 15 years as a reminder of how fast I had to run if I ever met a girl that crazy again...
Now I'm happy and expecting my first son for late in May. The tattoo will get covered, next week, with a black Egyptian beetle.
Cheers,
J

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Time for a new pipe! In fact this might be the perfect time to take your collection in a new direction. Short on time right now, but I think remember that you asked after Italian pipes recently? If that was you and I can't search atm, there is a wide world of really amazing pipes out there. Some of my favorites are Cavicchi, Il Duca and Gabriele.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I would keep it for the time being and see if your feelings change. It's a really nice pipe. Think of it as one of the good things you acquired in the last 5 years. You may get rid of it in haste now and then miss it like your Dunhill and Ashton.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
I would keep it. But only after strangling a virgin with a damned Ogre's hair in a graveyard on her mother's grave at midnight with the pipe in a protective pentagram on

the mother's headstone.
My friend, seriously, you already made the decision from what I can read. Your avatar indicates you know how to assess a situation, adjust, adapt, and overcome. Sell it to someone on the forum if you can or eBay if not. They get a sweet pipe and you get to move forward, its only two more klicks to the OBJ lol. Take the money you get for it and get a Ferndown, you love those pipes and I suspect you will like it better than the old pipe, less ghosts is always a good thing. After all some ghosts are not friendly nor go away with a retort.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
If this is a true psychological trigger for your PTSD, I'd say get rid of it. I say this much in the way I'd tell someone to "step away from a bottle of liquor" if they don't want to drink. If it's a legitimate trigger, then it needs to go.
I think Mike above offered some sincere advice; consider some form of counseling to help you through it.
None of us can truly know your state of mind or emotional response while you're going through it. I too had a toxic marriage at one point, but I did not have any other inputs such as PTSD to contend with. Items were just items and I was more concerned with maintaining my sanity and not my "pride" of what happened to possessions as a result of the marriage.
Wish you the best; thoughts and prayers for you (hope you don't mind).

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Take the excellent advice above and keep it.
Throw some Old Joe Krantz in it and pave the way to making it a Rum/Per pipe. That would be Bad Ass. You'd be like Julius in Pulp Fiction, "BadMFer"

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks for all the input. I have decided to let it go and move on. I think it is the best action to take. Getting rid of i t and getting something else will be a new beginning. Fortunately once all is done with the divorce I never have to speak to her again. I can get back to doing positive things in my life again and living for me. As far as counseling goes, I am working to get back in the PCT clinic with the va. It will be good to work on myself and not have to deal with th crap that I was dealing with during my marriage. Maybe I will actually be able to deal with my issues.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Good for you, tarheel1. Working through the stuff is the courageous route. May you find peace and healing, even if the journey to those things is long and challenging. You're not alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.