Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Cavicchi pipe I ever wanted was this one, but someone else bought it.
002-400-1654.jpg

002-400-1654_1.jpg

002-400-1654_2.jpg

Product Page
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I love Claudio's pipes. Including that one Chris, which at $560 was a pretty long reach for a Cavich. I know I've seen another author recently, I think at Smokingpipes.
Anyway, when I reach for a pipe, my hand doesn't often land on these pipes but whenever it does I'm always impressed. The smoking qualities really are top notch.
I do agree with Foggy though, every Cavicchi pipe I've tried does have the same unique and distinct taste. I don't believe it's from the stain though as it's present on my dark and blonde pipes. I'd characterize the taste as reminiscent of chestnut.

Aug 14, 2012
Absolutely not. I bought one once, a beautifully carved Oom Paul. The taste of the stain was intolerable. I removed most of it, but hated the pipe anyway.

Oct 7, 2016
Cavicchi rusticateds were a screaming bargain back around 2000-2001 when Skip was selling them for less than$100. The smooths were cheap, too, but the carved ones came with no coating on the bowl interior, and they had great grain! I had three or four carved and one smooth, all smoked every bit as good as a Ser Jacopo or Radice. It looks like the days when they were outrageous bargains is past us. Not too many US dealers with a web presence, either.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
[/quote]The only Cavicchi pipe I ever wanted was this one, but someone else bought it.
Yes, I had that on my wish list and waited for the sale that never came :)

@bigpond Exactly, the price tag was just too damn high. I would have bought it easily at $400 or atleast put it on a layaway. Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro Smooth Natural Author is at $620 right now. However Cavicchi had better form and grain for $60 less lol.
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Whoever raised this thread from the dead just talked me into my first Cavicchi. An estate admittedly. If it's not a winner, I now know who to blame! :D
pipe%20cavicchi_zpsrmoxlu27.jpg

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Woah! That is pretty sweet pipe-hunter. I haven't seen that design from him before. If I had to guess, I'd say it came from a vendor in Germany. He seems to send his more interesting designs there, while Asia often get's smaller 20mm bowls.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Thanks, guys. Initially, I planned to buy a more signature shape. But then I saw this on eBay. I don't always go for such unique shapes, but I liked this one and am a real sucker for birdseye.
Cheers!

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
BTW, there is a stunning (to me, at lest) Cavicchi bulldog-ish pipe on eBay right now. It's a 5C. Fortunately, it's $600, so I'm not tempted. But I do like to look at it....
pipe%20cavicchi%20bulldog_zps4uqdi1w2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.