PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I just received this Northern Briars Jade stem Rox Cut Billiard, which has a really serious issue of being lopsided. Check out how out of round it is, and how the shank comes out way off center! Also the drilling is off, and there is a sandpit in the rim. This is my first Norther Briars pipe, which begs the question: are they inconsistent? This one is a normal, non-second pipe, but has more flaws than a basket pipe. I'm sending it back, but wanted to see if it is worth pursuing another, or if a refund is in order and a different brand sought.
1581989184598.png
1581989201960.png
1581989225278.png

Reactions: danimalia
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have bought a number of Ian's pipes. His drilling and frankly, his attention to detail is not good. Most of his pipes I have looked at that weren't perfectly straight wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner without a lot of finagling. I sold several, kept 2 or 3. I will say this. He must use good briar because they tend to smoke nice. And they tend to be priced reasonably.

Reactions: Casual and mikefu

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
No, but the seller only had a few pictures, none of which were at angles which showed the flaws. It was from a retailer, and we’ve already been in contact about the return, so I’m good there. I am a bit disappointed that it made it out the door with such obvious issues, though.
That's good that they are being responsible with the product they are selling. They always take the best pictures to sell and hope people are ok with it and don't want to take the time and effort to send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.