PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
well the title pretty much explains it. I have had a bit of a PAD lately, and while searching ebay i found a pretty reasonable lot of estate pipes for sale. I decided to give it a shot and well what do you know....i ended up winning the bidding. I am now the proud new owner of 5 estate pipes. I cant wait for them to come in, and for only a few bucks each i think i got a pretty good deal. Ill make sure to post pictures when they come in, and i might be needing to ask a few repair/clean up questions since i have only ever restored one pipe (and didnt need to do much).

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
So here is what i won.

The yello-bole is going to be added to my quickly growing collection. I dont know what it is about them but I love the old yello-boles.

The other 3 I am going to fix up and either give to my friends who have shown interest in pipe smoking or keep for myself if I find that I really like them. We will see.
oops....earlier I forgot to put this in...kinda important. well here it is.

ebay

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have ebayed pipes only a few times - and then used the "buy now" option. I guess I can't stand the suspension of a bidding war. :lol:

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Looks like you got a great bunch of very clean & in excellent condition pipes for your $'s, well done!!! They don't look like they'll require any restoration at all per se, just a bit of a sterilisation and a dust off, if that :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Congratulations, winning an auction is pretty intoxicating, right?

Those look fine and don't look like much work, if any, is required. That churchwarden sure looks inviting!

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Nice catch!

Ignore All Warnings About E-Bay!!! Next time you might be bidding on my pipes! :D

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Looks like a great win! They look like they're in great shape already. Can't wait to see them after they've been cleaned up.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Now you have gone and done it. It is soooo easy to click your PAD away. The thing is, it always comes back. :lol:
If the bowls are good, you got a good price, well done.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
It's addictive. Before you know it you get the error message "Your watch list is full" :rofl:
nice catch nonetheless !

Status
Not open for further replies.