PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
She cut them in 3s and put a cut piece in her pipe. The old Cajun. PS when she was 90 my father asked her what she wanted for her birthday , she looked at him and said A new shovel LOL

johninkc

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2012
Bluestar, welcome, and smoke in peace.
Over the years, I've known several sisters of the briar. Almost all are really nice ladies. Sadly, many choose not to be public with their like of briar and blends. The reason is simple: They are easy pickings for the over hormones smoking fetish crowd.
In fact, I just sent a friend 3 bulldogs ( two Charatan Perfections, one Longchamps) and a tin of McClelland Anniversary. I hope she enjoys them in peace.
I hope Gabrielle does not get "the treatment" and thus run away from the briar.
Finally, I have a theory on pipes v cigars, for all genders: Pipe smoking demands some skill learning, and is definitely a contemplative art. Cigars are near instant gratification...

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
My Morley's Pipe Club in Philly has a number of lady pipers - our meetings tend to average about 15%. They do help civilize our already pretty civilized group.
hp

les

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Based on this thread I went to investigate the Seattle Pipe club (from Phillip's post) and I saw that a woman won the slow smoke contest. That's pretty dang cool in my book since she was the first ever woman to win that and beat several prior champions. :)
http://www.seattlepipeclub.org/

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
welcome to all that are new. Your statement was very well thought Blue, i hope to hear more from you. My ex wife will smoke a cigar, and i tried her on a pipe last time i was visiting my son and she quickly passed it back. I'm not fond of nail smokers, but cigars and pipes create a bonding exp. For me its the time it takes. I wont smoke if i don't have the time to give to it.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Cyndi and Aussielass are a couple of fiery females that stop by from time to time. Great conversations always ensue when they are on.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
My sister in-law smokes a pipe, she used to be a member here, or so she tells me.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
a friend who happens to be a lady lurks here after i pointed her in this direction...
now if i could just get the warden to start smoking a pipe...

prettyinpink648

Might Stick Around
Sep 17, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Good question. I'm a fairly new female pipe smoker. I've only posted a few times. I smoke at least 3 times a day. I live in Fredericksburg, VA and judging by the looks I get I may be the only one in my area. I've never gotten any ill remarks just long stares and smiles and looks of amazement. It would be nice to meet other women in my area, hellit would be nice to hang out with anyone from my are and smoke a bowl every now and the because I still have so much to learn.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I have to agree, it'd be nice to be able to kick back with any fellow pipe puffers. Too bad there aren't many people that live around me, much less pipe smokers. Bah Humbug!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome PIP. I feel the same way. As a noob of only about a month, I would love to spend time with people who actually know what the heck they're doing. My entire education consists of the time spent at Edwards shop in Denver when the owner spent about 45 min with me showing me the ropes. It was really incredible but I wish I had more of that.

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
Hello Prettyinpink, welcome. Im about two hours south of you. I was in Emersons a couple weeks ago and decided to sit and smoke a while, I was the only pipe smoker there. One of the workers, A young black female said she always wanted to try pipe smoking. She showed me the pipe she wanted but couldn't afford. I had a new yellow bowl with me so i gave it to her and we sat back and enjoyed as the old codgers stared and relocated. The whole exp. was fun for me but i'm sure she would have a different point of view. If she is there next time i'm in i'll send her this way.

prettyinpink648

Might Stick Around
Sep 17, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Yea, my family and friends don't really know how to take my new addiction. I only have one other addiction and that's motorcycles. I feel blessed because my addictions are pretty cool in my book. My husband says its not ladylike. I asked him according to whos standards. I told him dipping Copenhagen is gross and I don't know how he enjoys spitting all day. Id say we are on even playing fields.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
grannyPipeII_zps85fc3489.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.