Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey everyone just got back from a couple days fly fishing on the Colorado/New Mexico border.. Had a great trip, the weather was great and caught some good lookin fish. Heres a couple pics out of the many.. Anyone else been doing any fishing this winter? Smeigs
002-600x450.jpg

004-2-450x600.jpg

Good catch! I fish almost year round, but not fly fishing, although it looks like fun. I pulled in six good size bass a few weeks ago, when the weather was in the 70's. They are hitting on the top right now, so I imagine a fly would work great here in the South also. I've just never seen anyone fly fishing in these parts.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I miss it bad, but.....hard to get them to bite through the ice, the water is frozen solid most places around here. I have buddies who ice fish, but it's not for me, lots of drinking and waiting and hardly any fishing. Most of the streams become fishable here in late March.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I used to fish a lot in the Little Red River in Arkansas- spring fed. I'd be fishing in waders with snow on the bank...

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
@zack.. Yea I can relate to the snow on the bank. I guess I could just wait till the weather gets warmer but I honestly just cant wait that long!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Boy, am I jealous. The ice flows won't be gone up here in Maine for a long time yet. Thanks for sharing some great photos to increase my cabin fever!! LOL

Congrats on a fine trip and great success, those are beautiful fish.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Oh to be young again. My knees can't take the cold water anymore, but I sure miss it! Glad your trip was a great one!

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Looks awesome, I'm jealous. I was going to go fishing this weekend but we've had terrible strong winds and knowing my luck I'd get soaked to my skin and not catch anything.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Very cool Smeigs! I usually get out in the winter a little bit here in SE PA but this year it's ice & snow & COLD!! I think we need to do something about that darn ground hog!! Forecasting 12-18 inches for us tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! :crying:

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
We caught six trout and released 3 bass last weekend. Already smoked and ate all the trout. Smoking them is my favorite way to cook them. Caught all of them on mini jigs. Good times!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have a fishing day on the calendar for this Sunday. As long as the wind is not to bad we are going. I have a new fly rod/reel for sinking lines I am dying to go play with. Targeting land locked striped bass.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Did a little ice fishing over Christmas holidays but drilling a 4 foot deep hole in a lake, sitting in a pail, and -25 temps aren't my idea of heaven. Me and the lads will wait til our annual May long weekend fishing trip and head up north for big pike. Pike are best when caught right after the ice is off the lake.

F6165703-D45B-4EFF-8D3A-BD766DAF263A_zpsmbonrbu0.jpg

1988CDED-1012-46FD-8F43-F058ECD8496C_zpswthqsxhf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.