PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Where do I begin . . . oops, that's Andy Williams.

I originally found it looking for No. 515 and also on the good counsel of @JimInks. Great guy, great service.

No. 515, No. 191, No. 72, Hearth of Galway, Vermont Maple Cavendish, both Lizzies, Rum & Maple - I could go on a bit. There are some very old recipes to be found that are really good and some new ones.

I've explored getting his sample packs, worth the effort, IMO.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It is always interesting when a new owner takes over a brand, It is ever so tempting to change the brand in some way and then say, "I've improved the quality of the brand". And it never is. So far, the word on the street is the new guy is leaving the blends alone which is really rare in the pipe smoking world.

John Brandt

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2020
Fall River MA
Carol Burns' version of Wilke's Rumcake was a particular favorite. If Mr. Brandt follows her recipe, then I can recommend it highly.
#515 is blended the same way the Wilke sisters and Ms Burns blended it. We also have Double shoot twice the Rum.
It is always interesting when a new owner takes over a brand, It is ever so tempting to change the brand in some way and then say, "I've improved the quality of the brand". And it never is. So far, the word on the street is the new guy is leaving the blends alone which is really rare in the pipe smoking world.
Some of Wilke Blends go back to 1856 that shows me staying power for a blend why change something that smokes so well. Thanks for all the support John

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Oh my, where do I start. Wilke is one of my favorite blenders first all. Their cigar leaf blenders are exquisite as are their assorted English. Peanutbutter stands as one of my top aromatics. Favorites, that's a tough one to shrink to, maybe Sailor Jack, Churchill, 436, 524, 111, High Hat, Lizzie Blood Red Virginia just to name a few,

John Brandt

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2020
Fall River MA
Oh my, where do I start. Wilke is one of my favorite blenders first all. Their cigar leaf blenders are exquisite as are their assorted English. Peanutbutter stands as one of my top aromatics. Favorites, that's a tough one to shrink to, maybe Sailor Jack, Churchill, 436, 524, 111, High Hat, Lizzie Blood Red Virginia just to name a few,
Thanks for the support. John