PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

henryp

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
Chicago
Hi Guys,
Discovered a bowlful of Wilke's #191 drying in an empty tin and gave it a try. Probably the best aro I've smoked through a pretty new Pete aran 999. It was resting at least a whole day. It did taste mildly of cinnamon, and was sweet. I hear people talking about a plumb taste. I can't say it was plumb, but it was slightly fruity and maybe more of a fig taste?
Anyway, I highly recommend drying out the aros, it seems to have really helped. I like this Wilke #191 better than my first taste of the Wilke Rumcake, but I've yet to dry out a decent portion of the RUmcake.
I really like this tobacco sampling.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm a big fan of Wilke 191. But I get neither cinnamon nor plum. I've always thought of 191 as a sugar, vanilla, & honey casing. But variety in taste is the spice of life!

henryp

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
Chicago
Thanks you guys!
I'm really unsure of my smoke palate.
When it comes to food I can ferret out a tiny dash or crumble of rosemary, but when it comes to smoke I feel like I'm guessing.
I know it's mostly smell, and I can taste latakia, but these subtle aromatic flavors sort of escape me. That being said when I smoke a good aro I can taste milder, more food oriented flavors.

anyway, thanks for your kind words guys!
Pat
t

Status
Not open for further replies.