PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
So, I've been experimenting with Aros to try to be more considerate, to discover that my wife actually likes the room note of straight Virginia the most, more than the aros. And, even though she doesn't mind things like Billy Budd - hates Ennerdale enough to leave the room - and that was outside on a screened porch on a breezy day! I think the word was it smelled like 'air freshener'

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
You know, in 38 years of marriage my better half has not once complained about tobacco smoke. Not once. God, I got a jewel! :D
A lucky man you are indeed! I'm yet to find a blend that doesn't bother the girlfriend's delicate nose, but she bares it because she at least thinks the pipe makes me look charming.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I'm an English smoker mostly, though I dabble in a bit of everything. English elicit the strongest reaction, which I guess shouldn't surprise me.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
My wife dislikes the room note of everything, some more than others. I smoke outside so I finally started ignoring her for the most part, though if I know she will be outside with me I'll smoke one of the less disliked.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Bares it, does she, because she's charmed by your pipe? When did the topic change? :D

Dec 28, 2015
My wife dislikes the room note of everything, some more than others. I smoke outside so I finally started ignoring her for the most part, though if I know she will be outside with me I'll smoke one of the less disliked.
Same here. Must be more common than I realized.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
My wife doesn't like MacBaren's Vanilla Cream. She says it's too strong and it makes her eyes water. Today I purchased some Ennerdale Flake and Bob's Chocolate Flake as my introduction to Lakeland blends. If the wife doesn't like MacBaren's Vanilla Cream I may get run out of the house with the two new Lakeland blends. I'll find out tomorrow when it arrives.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I would keep the Lakelands outside for sure then - it's all outside for me anyway. The only ones mine hates are Lakelands. (& St Bruno, Condor, Halberg Green.... I guess there's a few when I think about it)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Would definetly lead to some wild arguing and me lighting 5 pipes at the same time with the worst smelling tobaccos I could find - just to clearify my point! Guess I'm just an a-hole...
:worship:
:rofl:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
What are you guys smoking that you get bad comments on the smell? I'm mainly smoking Va/Pers which she loves the smell of ("deliciously fruity"; "pleasantly smell of lemons and sugar/caramel") and (heavy) Kentucky Blends like Bold Kentucky, Old Dark Fired, which also doesn't seem to bother her.

I wasn't aware of the fact, that the smell of pipe tobacco is such a present problem for a lot of pipe smokers. Guess I'm just lucky, too!
Change the blend - or the wife!
Try smoking C&D Crooner, my neighbor jumped out of the window after I smoked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.