PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
My wife doesn't like blends with burley or dark fired. I don't smoke those in the house. She is actually really good about not complaining about any of them. I've recently quite smoking cigarettes, and she is really happy about this (me too) She won't say anything about what I'm smoking because at least it's better than cigarettes.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
These are awesome. I agree with your wives, latakia smells awful. Too bad it is so tasty. Not too many things smell bad and taste good, but latakia is one of them.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I'm single again at the moment, but some recent ladyfriends comments I recall:

Cor! What you smoking there? Badgers arshole! That stuff stinks, like a dead mans sock! Nearly always followed by, go on f..k off out the house, you ain't smoking that in here.

Not quite the response one would hope for, but a welcome one if your keen to make your excuses, & leave.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Her: "That's not a latakia or perique you're smoking is it?"

Me: "no, it's an aromatic, thought you'd like it a little better for lunting"

Her: "Gross, no. Smells like a rainbow died in your pipe"

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
All this time I thought my girlfriend liked the smell of Royal Challenge when I smoke in the garden with her, the other day I asked her,
do you really like this blend,
she said yep, it keeps the mosquito's away

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I smoke outside, and my wife is fairly clean with her words. My favorites though are

"Your beard smells like a bear crapped in a fire" (Plumb Pudding)

"Did you have to smoke a turd in your pipe, cause that's what your breath smells like" (Irish Flake)

"Did you smoke a moldy cigar" Burley Flake #1

And my favorite

"What's this one called? It makes me want to suck on your beard" (Autumn Evening WINNER!)

andvary

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2016
My wife loves the tin smell of McClelland Tastemaster and MacBaren Navy Flake (aka the "Chocolate One" and the "Dried Plum One"). The smell of burning tobacco doesn't excite her.

But recently I visited my ex-girlfriend, I was smoking that very same Tastemaster and suddenly she said: "So... can you exhale on me?" First time I was asked to fume a girl. :)

andvary

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2016
jvnshr, recently the legislators here in Russia were preoccupied with "passive smoking" and how it violates the people. And all the time they were simply smelling the wrong smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.