PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

gamzultovah

Aug 4, 2019
Jun 23, 2019
Here's a question: what do kind of tobaccos do you guys like best in your smaller bowls?

I have a tiny Morgan Bones "ONE" poker that I like to use to English ribbons.

crashthegrey

Preferred Member
Dec 18, 2015
I also love a small pipe. Sometimes for tasting or high nic, but sometimes the weight and feel of a small pipe is just right.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
When exploring a new tobacco, I like to try it in different diameter pipes, which gives me a range of what the tobacco tastes like... then I decide which pipe it might taste best in, or the range of sizes it might taste best in.
But, I am nerdy that way.

Reactions: kurtbob

shanez

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I like having a couple of smaller pipes for stronger blends but some pipes are ridiculous.

My fault for not reading the specs but I bought a Tsuge metal blowfish that's closer to a cheroot holder than a regular pipe. Chamber = .79" deep x .5" wide Overall length = 4.18"

Celius

Oct 17, 2019
I am wondering if smaller pipe sizes were more popular in the past?

The szandard bowl size seems to be +- group size 4.
Was it always the case?

I personally like smaller pipes.
Considering focusing on size 3 pipes instead if 4.

paulie66scandinavian

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I am wondering if smaller pipe sizes were more popular in the past?

The szandard bowl size seems to be +- group size 4.
Was it always the case?

I personally like smaller pipes.
Considering focusing on size 3 pipes instead if 4.
Generally speaking ,the majority of French made pipes in the 40-60ies come with smaller bowl size, group 1 to 2 by Dunhill

Reactions: Celius

kurtbob

Jul 9, 2019
Townsend GA
Got several colonial clays for at the house and for short trip driving, 30 min or less got a pocket butz-choquin Canadian and a Nording compass. That Nording is a magic pipe, load it up and even with its small chamber that thing will continuously smoke for 45 to an hour

Reactions: SpookedPiper

oldgeezersmoker

Preferred Member
Oct 7, 2016
Don't you hate that? I wish more online sellers would post images of pipes in scale with something like a lighter to give you more of a sense of what you're buying.
Al Pascia typically posts at least one picture of the pioe adjacent to a Czech pipe tool. Everything I have purchased from them has been without surprise size wise.

Reactions: chasingembers

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
Al Pascia typically posts at least one picture of the pioe adjacent to a Czech pipe tool. Everything I have purchased from them has been without surprise size wise.
That's good to know. I'm out of the buying game but hopefully others will find purchases more accurate to what they were hoping for.👍

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker

tobefrank

Jun 22, 2015
It was not my intention to single out Al Pascia. I have been very happy with purchasing from them. Very fast shipping and great service. As I mentioned, it is more that I seem to imagine the pipes being larger from the photos and this was the first time I got caught out by that.