PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Does he lack any sense of self awareness? I mean the vast majority of humans on this planet have tangible, existential struggles, yet he seems to think the life he was born into is some favela of infinite suffering.

Reactions: mawnansmiff
Jan 27, 2020
Why does he whine so much. Easy, because he can and when he does, he has people to hand him a tissue and go "there, there".

He's entitled, the very definition of royalty.

I am heard him today accuse his family of unconscious bias and systemic racism.

My old man would have sent me flying if I disrespected our family.

Honestly, I don't have much of an opinion of the royals either way and don't doubt his childhood was difficult in its own specific sort of suffering, but he seems so tone deaf considering all the real horrors in the world happening as he yaps but yea, if people didn't indulge him (like many of the famous) he would just dissappear as he has very little to actually offer the world outside of his whining.

The Algerian

Might Stick Around
Jul 6, 2022
Golden Valley, AZ
Honestly, I don't have much of an opinion of the royals either way and don't doubt his childhood was difficult in its own specific sort of suffering, but he seems so tone deaf considering all the real horrors in the world happening as he yaps but yea, if people didn't indulge him (like many people) he would just dissappear.
From what I see, being paid a $100 million to cry and whine on command is a hefty incentive to toss out any regal honor if it gets you the lifestyle of having even more people to swoon about your feet.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
Harry isn't the problem really, he is being exploited by his wife who is milking it for all she can get and who thinks she is Hollywood royalty, when she is infact an ageing C list celebrity with no class.

They were at one point incredibly popular - the British public were over the moon he was marrying her - and in a position to do all the charity and good works they claim to want to do.

Instead they have invented a facetious list of vexations which are entirely unsubstantiated, claim everyone who disagrees with them is racist (ignoring Harry's own previous racism), attempt to make everything about themselves and lecture us poor plebs on how we must save the planet whilst they fly about on private jets, demand privacy whilst inflicting a curated form of their private life to us and inviting the press to everything they do, and claim victim status despite the life of total privilege they have.

Not that I pay much attention to it all. Quite indifferent really.

Jan 27, 2020
Harry isn't the problem really, he is being exploited by his wife who is milking it for all she can get and who thinks she is Hollywood royalty, when she is infact an ageing C list celebrity with no class.

They were at one point incredibly popular - the British public were over the moon he was marrying her - and in a position to do all the charity and good works they claim to want to do.

Instead they have invented a facetious list of vexations which are entirely unsubstantiated, claim everyone who disagrees with them is racist (ignoring Harry's own previous racism), attempt to make everything about themselves and lecture us poor plebs on how we must save the planet whilst they fly about on private jets, demand privacy whilst inflicting a curated form of their private life to us and inviting the press to everything they do, and claim victim status despite the life of total privilege they have.

Not that I pay much attention to it all. Quite indifferent really.

All my knowledge of the whole thing is based on headlines alone when I go on some news site, to see some actual news... so here's to not paying attention yet still managing to get annoyed by such trivialities.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's part of the royal privilege and prerogative to be out of touch, but to appear to share great empathy with the commoners. The empathy is mostly a cultivated illusion, but it is a comfort to some commoners. Now Harry is caught between being a royal and being a commoner, and, as Red Fox used to say, he doesn't know who to hate. This distresses him greatly. Maybe he should get a job piloting a helicopter.

Ohhhh, I just thought it was a British thing to whine. Ok ok ok ok... I'll see myself out.

Dodging GIFs | Tenor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I don't think any of us can even begin to relate to the experiences the royals have. At the least it's got to be bizarre. Unlike other types of celebrity they also never really had much say in being in such a strange and unnatural situation. They may have everything except for freedom and autonomy. Damn imagine having your whole life being lived under being a representation of a whole nation. Thinking about it actually makes it seem pretty natural to have a lot of shit to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.