PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Dude! I smoke about 10 bowls a day. If I rested my pipes a week each, that would mean I'd need, um....

a lot of pipes.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Two pipes for every day of the week- plus a few back-ups. A briar for at-home-smoking, and a cob for when I'm out and about. If I spent more time at home, I could probably get by with fourteen briars, and seven cobs. I think a briar pipe is good for a day, provided it has two or more hours to rest between bowls, and seven days to rest between days of use. When I smoke from a cob, I'm not particularly worried about nuances, flavor, and relaxation. I'm more concerned about avoiding my brain hemorrhaging from moron drivers driving too slow in the left lane on the interstate.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
As it pertains to shapes pipes are just like golf clubs, fishing rods or shotguns; they are all like speciality tools at doing something different. You select your preference for what you expect to accomplish.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
For me, it is crass acquisitiveness. If I had a do-over, I would have half as many and spent twice as much on better quality pipes. And I suspect that what I consider a quality pipe today may seem like a waste of money tomorrow.
Wisdom comes from experience. By then, it's too late.
Pax

This is ludicrous. I have to have a different one for each outfit that I wear. Like I would smoke a black billiard with just a casual polo shirt and shorts? No way, that would be crass. Black shoes and brown pipe? phhhhttt Pah-lease... A white meerschaum after labor day? I wouldn't be seen dead with that. But... you can do whatever you want, if you don't mind looking like a fashion heathen. :puffy:

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Because " I LOVE THEM " ! Everything about them. I love to smoke them, clean them, hold them, stare at them! There grace , style , material , workmanship! You name and I love it about pipes!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
danielplainview +1 Women's bags and shoes, that was the first thought that popped into my head when I read the question.

We just do it because we can :mrgreen:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
+1000 Foggymountain is correct and until I hit the magic number, 112 or whatever, I will keep a few Missouri Meerschaums around to brutalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.