PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I've never seen a Virginia blend that didn't transform with a year in the jar, as long as you know what variety of leaf you're buying the rest is practically be irrelevant.

If you really want to do it like the big blending houses then maybe try doing just that, blend together leaves from multiple years to gain more consistency.
As long as the wholesaler doesn't start buying crap I doubt that blending different growing seasons would make much of a difference though.

I'm sorry but you're just speculating from nothing. Spend the next year buying and blending raw leaf and then we'll talk.

Mar 1, 2014
I'm sorry but you're just speculating from nothing. Spend the next year buying and blending raw leaf and then we'll talk.

You can speculate optimistically or pessimistically, your first suggestion was to throw all the tobacco in the garbage based on one person's reaction after storing the tobacco for a week.
My suggestion is any grade of whole leaf you can buy is most likely close enough in quality that testing in batches isn't going to accomplish anything significant in the first place and you're far better off worrying about how you process whatever tobacco is available.

averagejoe1

Lurker
May 23, 2018
Not to stir the pot so to speak lol but I took a day break from smoking my shredded leaf an now it has some flavor though not as strong as I remember but it’s coming back. Either the day break helped? Or the jarring had some effect?

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Status
Not open for further replies.