PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I went to college twice. I got a somewhat late start as Uncle Sam took a few years of my life after high school. I didn't know what I wanted to do so just started a general education degree but a domestic crisis caused me to have to quit after nearly two years. A year or two later I was able to go back, pick up where I left off mostly and got a degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. I landed an out of state job as a result but never used the electronics part of what I learned on the job but it paid off in hobbies.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, School of Business Administration, followed by my finishing the professional pilot ratings and flying professionally for three years as a Commercial Pilot and FAA Certified Flight Instructor. As of 1-2-2013, I celebrated my 41st Anniversary as an Independent Insurance Agent owning my own insurance agency representing many insurance companies for all lines of insurance. In 2005 I co-founded a Flight Simulation Company that manufactures FAA Advanced Aviation Training Devices for www.flyelite.com (a Swiss-based Company with worldwide distribution). Our number one product is the FAA Advanced Aviation Training Device known as the RC-1. The RC stands for my initials. I still fly frequently and belong to a flying club. I flew today and enjoyed some fantastic calm Winter flying conditions in clear skies. Plus, I have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with Cornell and Diehl creating the "Captain Bob's" series of three blends with the late Craig Tarler. The blends, especially Captain Bob's Blend, is enjoying international success. I owe a lot to Craig and Chris Tarler for the success of my blends. I smoke all three everyday. I am fully devoted to the talent of C&D.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
mikephillips,
I fully understand your remarks. My most rewarding (and challenging) students when I was a Flight Instructor were guys just like you! My first response to young folks is to get your pilot license before you get married! My second response is, if you are in good health and can afford it, go for it now because you will be another year older if you wait and it gets more difficult to learn and pass the tests required of you. So, my advice to you is to "GO FOR IT" before you get another year older. You deserve to realize your dreams.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I'm actually still in college, started later in life than I wanted to, but steadily working toward a doctorate in clinical psychology. Only eight more years to go! 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.