PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I can't believe you all missed one of the greatest of all time.

Apocalypse Now 1979. If you have not watched it, do so next chance you get and watch it at least 3 times in a week.​

Also you need to watch Platoon from 1986. Another amazing movie.

But the best of all is The Godfather and the Godfather 2. You guys are just too young is all, not your fault.

Yes I was at the opening of Star Wars when it opened in Boston and the second one as well. I am also a Star Trek fan and the original movie was average, the second one with Kahn was great.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I can't believe you all missed one of the greatest of all time.

Apocalypse Now 1979. If you have not watched it, do so next chance you get and watch it at least 3 times in a week.​

Also you need to watch Platoon from 1986. Another amazing movie.

But the best of all is The Godfather and the Godfather 2. You guys are just too young is all, not your fault.

Yes I was at the opening of Star Wars when it opened in Boston and the second one as well. I am also a Star Trek fan and the original movie was average, the second one with Kahn was great.
They are good movies, but were you 10 when the movie came out? That, my friend, is the question. Of course, with age, birth year can be hard to remember x)

Reactions: brian64

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
They are good movies, but were you 10 when the movie came out? That, my friend, is the question. Of course, with age, birth year can be hard to remember x)
I am 63 right now so I have plenty of time to remember every movie when they came out in the theater. I also have watched them all when they came out on tv. When they came out on cable tv I watched them again. I have watched all of those movies at least 6 plus times each. I have found that when you watch a movie 6 plus times, you keep getting more and more out of them. My dad's favorite movie was The Guns of Navarrone with Gregory Peck so we would watch it all the time together. The Great Escape was another one. The Battle of the Bulge was another amazing movie. I cannot believe I forgot Laurence of Arabia. One of the best movies ever made. All move experts agree that one of the best shots in the movie has the greatest shot in movie making history.

The movies that were made with thousands of extra's blew peoples minds. Having thousands of camels and horses in them makes the CG movies of today a joke.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In the summer of 1966 me and my friends would go to Fenway Park in Boston. It was 2.5 miles from my house. We took the T which was ten cents at the time and it was 2.50 to get into the right filed seats and then we would sneak down to the better seats. Our parents knew where we were going and thought it was just fine going there at that age. We would also go to watch Celtics games in the winter and those tickets were 2.00. It was further away and a longer T ride. We would sit in the front rows of the upper decks and couldn't get into the lower seats. It didn't matter and we didn't care as they were good seats. This was back when the Celtics ruled the world. They had a streak of 8 titles in a row and won 11 out of 13 I am pretty sure of. I was too young for the first few years, but my dad would take me a lot as he was also a big fan. but we got to see Bill Russell coach and played and they won the championship. You will never see that again. Just so you know I grew up and lived at 15 Winthrop Rd in Brookline Mass. Brookline is the first town west of Boston.

Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Ten Commandments" and "Around the World in Eighty Days," which I saw at the local Park Ridge, Illinois theater, The Pickwick, which is now a national historical site for its art deco architecture and interior decor. I saw both on their original release in 1956.

Reactions: kurtbob and Bengel
Status
Not open for further replies.