Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I've seen on YouTube someone use an Allen wrench / hex key for a tamper. I like that idea.

Mar 1, 2014
ericusrex:

On more than one occasion I have used a tube of chapstick when nothing else was handy. Plastic and fire is not a good combination.
That's funny, I've been using the bottom of my Bic lighter for over a year now with virtually no damage to the lighter.

That said, I can't actually tamp all the way inside the bowl, but I can get one side far enough in to tamp down about half an inch.
I'm trying to stop that practice because it makes my Bic smelly.

As others, I've used twigs several times too.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
@ shikano53

Good looking tamper. Nice color. I've been know to use my bic lighter from time to time.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have a bunch of nice tampers, mostly gifts, which I fear losing, so I rarely use them. When out and about, I go commando, picking up a twig (10-17mm diameter is good), knocking the dirt off on a leaf, sanding a flat in the end by scraping on a rock or sidewalk, and having at it. I don't like
Me too. And I've scored a tube of chapstick or 3. But I also just poke my finger in there and burn the shit out if it sometimes too. Because, 'Murica!!

Status
Not open for further replies.