Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

maxpeters

Jan 4, 2010
Can anyone tell me who made this pipe? I bought it from a maker I found online 5 or 6 years ago, but I can't remember who it was. I'm fairly certain that it was an American Artisan but I could be wrong.

The only nomenclature on the pipe are the letters W B R with three side-by-side diamonds under that. Below the diamonds are the numbers 9035.

I tried looking online but can't find anything. Also I don't think it would be in the book "Who Made That Pipe", since it is of fairly recent production. I recently learned from member agnosticpipe that it is called a dromedary shape pipe and I wanted to find out more about it. Thanks.
WBR Pipe

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
Hey max, I'm not sure I can help you with this, but I thought I'd let you know that I wasn't the one calling those Hilson pipes a dromedary shape. Hilson had stamped the name "Dromedary" on the pipes them selves. Probably named after the Dromedary camel which has just one hump on its back. But I guess you could be right in calling any pipe with a hump on the shank, a dromedary style pipe.

And that is an interesting looking pipe too! A little classier than my Hilsons. Hope you can find out who the maker is.

pruss

Preferred Member
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice find, and nice digging ericthered.
He's a Canadian carver that I've never heard of...
-- Pat