Who has Smoked Cornell and Diehl Anthology 1992-2022?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Title edited for caps, and reworded.

Any reports/impressions/reviews on Cornell and diehl anthology 1992-2022? I’ve only seen jiminks review and just curious about others impressions and thoughts on the blend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JOHN72

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
My concern is that this is actually just a regular c&d blend hyped up through marketing to sell. It’s one thing doing a small batch with unique tobaccos that can no longer be produced or can rarely be produced or found. It’s another to market a tobacco in that light when it’s actually just using your everyday easily gotten ingredients, slapping a fancy label on it, and then saying it’s limited to sell product.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My concern is that this is actually just a regular c&d blend hyped up through marketing to sell. It’s one thing doing a small batch with unique tobaccos that can no longer be produced or can rarely be produced or found. It’s another to market a tobacco in that light when it’s actually just using your everyday easily gotten ingredients, slapping a fancy label on it, and then saying it’s limited to sell product.
and why would you think such a thing?

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I have no idea if this counts as a "limited edition" (and how C&D defines that in the first place). However, note that the purchase limit is capped at 12 (as opposed to 2, or 5, or 10), and there is no n/10,000 (or whatever) serial number mentioned. So maybe there's a whole lot more of it than you think? It does cost a tad more than the average C&D (~$12 instead of ~$10), so it is clearly meant to be a "special" edition, but even so, there are special tobaccos that were specially blended for the 30th anniversary, and they know most people go bananas for this kind of stuff. And it probably is really good (especially with age), just like all the rave reviews for CRF and CRFwP seem to indicate.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan

The components of the blend have been thoroughly described, so you can draw your own conclusions:

SPC Tasting Notes

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
and why would you think such a thing?
A couple vendors I called said they are getting another shipment of this in the next week or so. Considering how people often buy 10 or more tins of a limited release due to the desire of being able to smoke it on occasions for years to come, this is problematic. the buyer who is purchasing under a limited release, special, unique and rare tobacco premise is not getting all of the facts. This made me wonder how many tins of this are being produced since they haven’t disclosed that but have said it is a “limited” release. I then called and asked smokingpipes, the gentlemen I spoke with did not have these answers. I was able to get a number for a manager at laudisi whom he said would. I called and spoke with this gentlemen who stated that they will make more of this blend if the fda will allow it. They won’t continue it into next year because it’s title is 30 years 92-22, but perhaps through the end of this year. This prompted me to think that what they are calling a “limited release” is now no more than fda red tape of a new blend rather than something unique and special based on the tobaccos used. Are the aged bijou virginias already the bijou virginias they use in current production? One benefit that we have is that our expert members, jiminks, chasingembers etc know the difference between the actually rare and unique stuff from the standard bijou virginias stuff.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
A couple vendors I called said they are getting another shipment of this in the next week or so. Considering how people often buy 10 or more tins of a limited release due to the desire of being able to smoke it on occasions for years to come, this is problematic. the buyer who is purchasing under a limited release, special, unique and rare tobacco premise is not getting all of the facts. This made me wonder how many tins of this are being produced since they haven’t disclosed that but have said it is a “limited” release. I then called and asked smokingpipes, the gentlemen I spoke with did not have these answers. I was able to get a number for a manager at laudisi whom he said would. I called and spoke with this gentlemen who stated that they will make more of this blend if the fda will allow it. They won’t continue it into next year because it’s title is 30 years 92-22, but perhaps through the end of this year. This prompted me to think that what they are calling a “limited release” is now no more than fda red tape of a new blend rather than something unique and special based on the tobaccos used. Are the aged bijou virginias already the bijou virginias they use in current production? One benefit that we have is that our expert members, jiminks, chasingembers etc know the difference between the actually rare and unique stuff from the standard bijou virginias stuff.
ok

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I started feeling old when I saw this 30th anniversary blend.
I was thinking about buying from Atlas Tobacco, when they were still in PA. , being excited when Jay and Louise Jones started having their blends tinned by them….
Next thing I have to look forward to is Senior discount coffee from Tim Hortons.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
This is a pretty simple problem for you to solve. If you don't want to buy any, don't.
It would seem that way, wouldn’t it? The less informed and the more cryptic, the harder it is to see through the smoke to make a decision.