PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
danny-trejo-heat.jpg

Yes, I've just got to know who are Anonymous Users!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Anonymous users are people who pissed me off. They refused to listen to what I said.
I always listen to the cigar master, and disagree only silently on the few (like one or two dozen occasions when he's been out to lunch).......but give me time to gather up my courage!
~ an anonymous wuss.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"It's actually sad that people can make themselves banned on a forum about a hobby."
I've made the same observation myself in slightly different words. But I have also been contacted by a moderator who asked to delete a post of mine. I was really puzzled why the post was a problem, but felt indifferent to letting it be deleted. If I need to publish a broadside or start a blog, I will. Doesn't mean I couldn't get disappeared by Forums, but as you say, it's a forum about hobby. I think some members have just arrived at the keyboard in a horrible mood -- low blood sugar and family strife, and let themselves vent, and by the time they click "send post," it's too late.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Anonymous- the Intolerant/tolerant ones, the ones behind rows. The ones between the lines. Shit, I figured they talked a bunch of crap to the moderators and got zapped. Don't ask, don't tell. Leave the Anonymous to the Anonymous bin. Bring them up and you might get zapped too.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Gordebak:
Bet you got a few more answers than you expected?
And then a shot of Danny Trejo on a payphone from, what, twenty years ago? WTH, Hunter? Could you be a bit more obtuse?
A dire warning from Harris, the straight skinny from Al and Zack and then veiled threats from everybody else...
You joined this month, dude. Get out while you can. Nobody shoots at newbies with less than 100 posts on the scoreboard.
Fnord

Scarred, Wounded & Head Bloodied but Unbowed
PS: If you stay, pard, grab a root and growl - but keep your powder dry.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
danny-trejo-heat.jpg

Haec est valde interesting, sed etiam qui notissimi User scire?
(Very roughly translated: The above is all very interesting, but I still want to know who are these Anonymous Users?)
Hello? Hello? Darn pay-phones!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
DRAT!!! Caught red-handed again in flagrante dilictu in an illicit Latin conjugation!! My mater told me to use protection!
But I've been thinking... anonymous users... with the tiny exception of guys on here that really know each other and really truly actually where they really live... all the rest of us are ANONYMOUS users!! Hiding behind pithy avatars and sufficent swaggers.
I myself am in a continuous geostationary orbit in a giant hot-air balloon, happily fueled almost entirely by gas giants on this magnificent site! The only thing that prevents my falling back to Earth in a blaze of white-hot carbon tiles falling off my bowl is a generous and continuous supply of tobacco-smoke in the inertial guidance system. They don't buy it back on Galactazar where my wi..., um,,, mission coordinator keeps getting my data-feeds requesting more. But s'far, s'good! As long as I don't anonymously get mold in my Bijou!! Peace to all!! nanu nanu...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The most famous anonymous user had over fifteen thousand posts and had extensive knowledge of pipes and tobacco. I completely missed the posts that caused his ejection, don't know the content nor the subject. He was always a bristly guy, but always worth reading for his depth of knowledge. His absence really left a gap when he was gone. I think he may have gone to another, or other, sites, but I haven't seen anything by him. I had the feeling that he did some posts, as anonymous user, after he was officially out (by hacking the site?) but I'm uncertain of that.

gordebak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 12, 2016
It's a shame. So it can happen to anyone. Staying calm online is sometimes hard. Some people really know how to make other people mad.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jvnshr, I think the 15K poster exited about two years ago, maybe a little more or less. He could be a tough customer, so I wasn't totally surprised, but he was also a knowledgable and lively member.

Status
Not open for further replies.