Which Pipe Do You Own That People Will Remember You By?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Embers I expected that out of you!
But there was no plural in the question!
Pipe. Singular! Haha
Sable gets a pass, however you Embers....I don't think so.

Jan 8, 2013
Duane will be remembered for that Bruce Weaver saddle stemmed billiard that he claims he'll never smoke but will probably one day finally smoke, probably many years in the future... on Christmas :mrgreen:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Jesse will be remembered for that gorgeous Barling by members here, but I bet he doesn't smoke it often— if ever!
And, yes, the question was - is- in the singular. I can't pick out any single pipe so far.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Probably something like this
PAKxPRO.jpg

or this
e8JkCBS.jpg
or maybe like this

xmlR5NQ.jpg
. Who cares, I'm dead...

chilly65

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2018
The one I recently sold for $3800. It cost me a whopping $140, so I made a tidy profit for my estate.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
A while back some one posted an ebay listing of a genuine asbestos pipe. Yep, I bought it lol! Now, of course I will never smoke it and have it sealed up, but I can only imagine the family going through my pipes and wondering "what the hell was dad thinking smoking this!"

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Chilly if you aren't going to post a picture, at least describe the pipe!
And if you don't own it, how will people remember it?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
But, but, that blend isn't St Bruno!

Ah, you got me! That blend (think it was Ye Olde Signe?) was only a prop for the photo. I tossed it in the bin and stuffed that pipe full of St. Bruno of course. :wink:

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
My kids will probably remember me most by my most colourful pipe, which is this one here. They love taking it out and blowing into it (with the pipe empty of course).
img_8648-600x600.jpg

img_8672-600x600.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Like many, I would hope I will be remembered for other things than my pipes.
However, I guess if my grandkids would associate any given pipe with me, it would be Savinelli in a 645 shape. I have several and always seem to revert back to them. I carry them in my pocket, I carry them in my pipe travel case and only on occasion, will I grab a different pipe. Most likely my Peterson Flame Grain Bent Billiard or any of my Peterson rhodesians.

Many of the other pipes on the shelf just don't seem to get used much. To the point where I'm starting to question myself whether I should sell them off and let others enjoy them.... it may happen...maybe... one day... probably not :rofl:

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Whooooa...BelgianTex....blast from the past. Hope you're doing well. Good to see your avatar again. Spend some more time here

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Al if you gift me that 1939 GBD I will certainly think of you after you've passed :wink:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Hey DavidinTexas

Yeah... lurking but not commenting much these days. Still puffin' away though. We need to get back together again one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.