PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Now I am hungry for lunch - and I know my lunch will be disappointing by comparison.

cpjeffrey11

Might Stick Around
Feb 24, 2015
I live near Bern's steakhouse where dinner is considered a religious experience (and is damned expensive). They will still cook your steak well if you ask for it. I'm with hunter, give me my steak the way I ask for it. No chef or grill master is so good at their job that they know what I like better than I do. Are you gonna tell me how dark my toast should be? That attitude has nothing to do with expertise and everything to do with arrogance.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Well I suppose one of those slices could be thrown on the grill and cooked till there is no pink, but that is the only way to do that. I would never cook an entire Prime grade, Prime Rib Roast till it was overdone. That is just wrong on so many levels. I do understand that some like their meat well done, but there is no way in heck you can do that without making it tuff, and drying it out to some degree ... it's impossible. But I guess the ones that like well done beef don't care for juiceiness or tenderness either. Next week grilled Lamb!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
monty55:
Au contraire mon frere! When eating steak I typically order fillet Mignon which I have butterflied and grilled. At the venues I patronize the chefs cook them well-done (no pink) per my request, and yet they are so tender that I could cut them with a spoon if I so desired. Now THAT'S culinary skill!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Next week grilled Lamb!
Leg, or Top Round? Lamb Tops make a great meal, grilled or roasted! On the flip side of doneness, I used to have a customer who wanted his steak "black & blue", seared on the outside, and basically warm raw on the inside!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Dang boy, cook the cow. That thing is still bleeding!
And your point? That's exactly how it should be prepared! :D
Never quite understood the appeal of chewing on shoe leather, myself. :P

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Why did I click on this thread. Why did I click on this thread? Why did I click on this thread...
Some of us are in a no meat fast for the coming holiday. Sheer torture 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.