PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
+1 to everything Warren said. If people only knew where their food came from...
I do a lot of home butchering, but it's all game. I don't raise cattle, but rather goats and sheep. I keep saying I'll pick up a steer one of these days and butcher it but the game is free :)
I think the modern anti-fat craze has done a disservice to the art of butchering and preparing meat, to the detriment not only of our culture (what's left of it) but to our health.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I lived in Argentina for a couple of years and came home a week before they decided to "reclaim" the Falklands.
To this day, I miss the beef. Even the low end chop houses out in the suburbs of Buenos Aires presented fare that puts many of our high end steak eateries, mentioned in this thread, to shame. Those folk ate the entire cow and that's where I developed an appreciation for not only the beef but the thymus, intestines and kidneys as well. (Never did care much for the brains.)
I still laugh that a country, with some of the richest fishing grounds in the world, only used seafood as an appetizer and that their chickens, the size of a smallish turkey, were the result of hormones banned in the States.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.