Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I have 2 meerschaum that I bought on my deployment in Iraq. However I would like to get another one. Anyone know where a good place to buy one is? (Specific Websites)

jerry

Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Smokingpipes.com often has some terrific deals on estate meers, as well as IMP Meerschaums, which are generally excellent. If your budget allows, pipes carved by F. Baki are, in my opinion, worth the coin - http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/bakipipes.html
Altinok is also a good source for quality meers.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
You can always try ebay. Sometimes you can really strike gold. I got this sucker for $41 shipped.I consider it the crown jewel of my collection. Aside for cleaning the stem, all I had to do was remove the cake inside.
KGrHqJHJCoE9NpbhhBPTEfDfcqw60_35.jpg

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I've ordered meers directly from Turkey twice. It can take a very long time. One pipe took 4 months to get here. If I order again I'll order from a supplier in the US who has pipes on hand.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Smokingpipes.com gets my vote. Several makers to chose from for sale at one website.

poligerard

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
just check this before buying a meerschaum pipe from turkey especially from the altinok mentioned above :
http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-pipe-forum/305936-terrible-experience-altinok-pipes.html
I 'd stick with smokingpipes.com,pipesandcigars.com,4noggins.com etc. - Those companies are serious ones and would not sell you meerschaum pipes other than greatest quality.They have meerschaum experts working for them and they require the finest engineering.
Also 'best meerschaums' is located in usa and they would provide you great pipes too.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Storient always seems to have a lot of stock on hand and ready to ship. I've had my eye on one of their pipes but just can't pull the trigger at this point. Love that Stanwell 11 shaped meer!

treebarksap

Lurker
Jan 7, 2013
I'd go with meerschaum market and pick up a Baglan pipe: http://www.meerschaummarket.com/servlet/the-MASTER-CARVERS-cln-I.-BAGLAN-PIPES/Categories
My experience with them was great, and one I got by Baglan is by far the best smoker I've got (including some once cherished Dunhills).
Storient is ok, and there's a few people here devoted to them. My experience with them was pretty mediocre, which is why I recommend meerschaum market, but some other's have had success there, so you might too. My advice: Buy a ready made pipe or better yet, pick up one of those pieces by Baglan and you'll be glad you did!
Either way, you'll get a good smoker from these two options.

Status
Not open for further replies.