Where, oh Where, is the St. James Flake?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
I have not seen this stuff for sale or in stock on any US website in some time.

An eagle-eyed observer can find most SG tobaccos in stock with enough patience. I’ve got enough Full Virginia Flake on hand to last me until I next see it in stock. I’ve seen Best Brown Flake in stock as well recently. Squadron Leader is fairly common on the web stores. The lesser talked about SG blends can mostly be found. The bagged tobaccos are often able to be found.

But I don’t think I have seen SJF in a long while. I’ve got alerts set up everywhere but never am notified of any in stock. I’ve 2 tins of it left, and would have this be one of my staples but for the lack of supply.

Anyone see it recently? Or heard of any concerns about it’s production?

Thanks friends. (And our GH friends if you see this - thanks for all you do)

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have not seen this stuff for sale or in stock on any US website in some time.

Anyone see it recently? Or heard of any concerns about it’s production?

Thanks friends. (And our GH friends if you see this - thanks for all you do)
If you're prepared to pay Aussie retail price (AUD$145 /2oz) + shipping costs, PM me and I'll send you details of an Aussie retailer :eek:

You'll save yourself a lot if you are patient and keep your eyes out for the next drop.
Unless you are really going through acute withdrawal pains ;)

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
If you're prepared to pay Aussie retail price (AUD$145 /2oz) + shipping costs, PM me and I'll send you details of an Aussie retailer :eek:

You'll save yourself a lot if you are patient and keep your eyes out for the next drop.
Unless you are really going through acute withdrawal pains ;)
Sweet fancy Moses, I think I’ll pass on that!

Thanks for the tip though ;)

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
My local b&m just got a small shipment of SG blends - no SJF however. The owner said that means that the large shipment won’t be far behind. Keep an eye out for it and you should be able to find some soon

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
You should ask Rachel from Gawith Hoggarth. She posts on the Speak-Easy forums and was just yesterday arguing with someone there who was mad about their new tins.
Haha. I like Rachel @gawithhoggarth and I wouldn't argue with her, in fact I feel sorry that she's got to explain the tin stuff over and over. But I sure would love to know if St. James Flake is on the schedule or going round soon.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Haha. I like Rachel @gawithhoggarth and I wouldn't argue with her, in fact I feel sorry that she's got to explain the tin stuff over and over. But I sure would love to know if St. James Flake is on the schedule or going round soon.
I’m not sure man. I bought a box of it in 2020 and jarred it up. I tried a bowl and it blew my mind. Seriously amazing stuff, but I like smoking Gawith on rainy or cold days (to make me feel British even though I have zero British blood), so it’ll have to wait until I dive back into that stash.

And yeah, Rachel’s posts are amazing. Besides being named Rachel just like my British wife, you can see her intelligence just reading her posts. I could read her posts all day. Highly entertaining.

Reactions: gawithhoggarth

gawithhoggarth

Can't Leave
Dec 26, 2019
Kendal, UK
www.gawithhoggarth.co.uk
St James' needs perique and there is a very limited supply of this. We are currently trying to deal with very pointless and bizarre regulations the UK government put in place for movement of raw leaf. Not helped by the fact most government departments are still working from home after covid and as soon as you build a relationship with someone they move and someone else takes over and it all changes again.....I am working on it but its very frustrating.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I
St James' needs perique and there is a very limited supply of this. We are currently trying to deal with very pointless and bizarre regulations the UK government put in place for movement of raw leaf. Not helped by the fact most government departments are still working from home after covid and as soon as you build a relationship with someone they move and someone else takes over and it all changes again.....I am working on it but it’s very frustrating.
I love actual answers. Thank you.

Jun 23, 2019
St James' needs perique and there is a very limited supply of this. We are currently trying to deal with very pointless and bizarre regulations the UK government put in place for movement of raw leaf. Not helped by the fact most government departments are still working from home after covid and as soon as you build a relationship with someone they move and someone else takes over and it all changes again.....I am working on it but its very frustrating.

That's stunning to hear. Are things still bogged down by Covid over there in the UK?

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Thank you for the explanation. That's really a horrible position to find yourself. Well, if you need us to mail you barrels of "kitchen supplies" just let us know 🤣.

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
Thank you for the response! Sorry for all the bureaucracy that you're dealing with. We appreciate you.