PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Some of the older pipers may know different than me but I feel that this is the golden age of purchasing estate pipes. The way I see it is that the first wave of the boomers are either quitting the pipe or just passing away and the grand kids would rather have the money than take up the hobby. My friend who owns our local B&M just the other day had a young woman come into his shop stating that her grandfather just passed and what would he give her for the pipes. She had a Savinelli Autograph, Dunhill Root Briar, Mark Tinsky and a Jody Davis Cardinal. He told me it happens at least once a month. I like to hit up the estate sales in my area and sometimes the local antique shops. I've also put wanted ads on Craig's list.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
You gotta go where the pipes are that you want! As to eBay, they work out just fine for me, all you have to do is use common sense and pay what you want to pay and no more.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Mkelaw-pipes is a great source, too. I've missed out on several amazing pipes from there and everyone who gets pipes there are always very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.