PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
What's your typical prep method for oatmeal ? Ive been eating it more and more lately as an alternative to special k + fruit since it's cheaper. This looks like nice oatmeal.
That's a stock photo. But I'll post my oats this morning on the food section. Recipe is two parts water and one part instant oats by volume. So 1 cup water and 1/2 cup oats. I use the same dry cup measure for both. Mic it two mins 50 percent power then stir. Mic again another minute. At this point you let it sit beside it thickens over the next minute or two. Great time to pack the pipe. You may need to adjust your times given the mic power or initial water temp.

wackytabacky

Lurker
Sep 7, 2023
Title edited. Quotes around the word "tobacco" (removed the word) suggest the wacky side, which is verboten in the forum. In fact, I suggest you change your handle before Kevin sees it.

Just wondering what tobacco people light up for their first bowl of the day.
Title edited. Quotes around the word "tobacco" (removed the word) suggest the wacky side, which is verboten in the forum. In fact, I suggest you change your handle before Kevin sees it.

Just wondering what tobacco people light up for their first bowl of the day.

Wrong, and its wrong to assume it is referencing another type of smoke.

Tobacco was emphasized so replies of tobacco would get posted and not pictures of toilets, cheerios, and any other bowl people could conjur up.

Im new to the pipe tobacco world and didnt even think about marijuana when creating my user name or this post.

My name is wacky because of so many different types of tobacco and blends available.

Its ridiculous that I need to explain myself.

If my user name offends people I will change it or move on.

Thank you

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Tobacco people? I’m usually called a pipe smoker. Are you suggesting that you’re not?
wackytabacky said:

Just wondering what (which) tobacco people others light up for their first bowl of the day...

(That's what I gathered.)

Reactions: Tate

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
wackytabacky said:

Just wondering what (which) tobacco people others light up for their first bowl of the day...

(That's what I gathered.)
Exactly. It can be read both ways, which makes answering the OP very interesting. I decided to stay with the wacky T storyline. As far as which tobacco I smoke every morning I will not say. If I do, it will all get bought up and that would make me 😡😆

Reactions: FLDRD
G

Gimlet

Either Gawith Hoggarth Coffee and Caramel or Exclusive Black Cherry. Depending what mood I'm in.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Wrong, and its wrong to assume it is referencing another type of smoke.

Tobacco was emphasized so replies of tobacco would get posted and not pictures of toilets, cheerios, and any other bowl people could conjur up.

Im new to the pipe tobacco world and didnt even think about marijuana when creating my user name or this post.

My name is wacky because of so many different types of tobacco and blends available.

Its ridiculous that I need to explain myself.

If my user name offends people I will change it or move on.

Thank you

It’s crazy you got this far without being scolded for not having your location in your profile as well. A lot people leave this forum because of stuff like this when they first join.

pepperandjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2023
West Carpathian ToodleOoh
careful putting a lighter to that stuff ! 😂
Granted that high-octane weedage flavored with the unknown properties of a well-seasoned vehicle could, in the language of IBM admonishing the programmer to be careful, as the instruction might have "unpredictable results," I light the bowls with caution, ready to cease and desist in the advent of flame.

But, intrepid explorer that I am, having had no scares in the past months since formulating this blend, devised a plan to suss out any lingering incendiary potential. Of course, my mind immediately went to the retired pickup, which when started can have a loud report. My idea was simple: light up in the immediate vicinity of the exhaust.

To be continued. . .

PS Best to you and your ID.

Reactions: wackytabacky

wackytabacky

Lurker
Sep 7, 2023
Granted that high-octane weedage flavored with the unknown properties of a well-seasoned vehicle could, in the language of IBM admonishing the programmer to be careful, as the instruction might have "unpredictable results," I light the bowls with caution, ready to cease and desist in the advent of flame.

But, intrepid explorer that I am, having had no scares in the past months since formulating this blend, devised a plan to suss out any lingering incendiary potential. Of course, my mind immediately went to the retired pickup, which when started can have a loud report. My idea was simple: light up in the immediate vicinity of the exhaust.

To be continued. . .

PS Best to you and your ID.

Ive been tossed out of better games

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Dunhill Three Year Matured Virginia. Nice and mild for the morning. I have about 10 tins left of this now discontinued blend. When that's gone I'll have to hunt it down on the sales sites. $$$

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
The average tendency over the decades for me has been….

1. A bowl of bran cereal (not ignited, but with milk added).
2. A bowl of Prince Albert (ignited, non-aromatic, no milk added).

But, because I am such a rebel at heart, I have on many occasions, just for the helluva it…. flipped the order.

The benefit of “flipping” is that it leaves more time for the cereal to get soggy.

🙂

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
It varies. Usually, McConnell's Oriental, Skiff Mixture, White Night, or if I want something heavier I'll smoke Black House. I may change it up again soon. I like to change it, it makes my mornings more exciting.