PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Right now I'm actually smoking 7 Seas Red Blend as I type this. It's a nice light easy wild cherry flavor that comes through nicely. Another good cherry blend is Lane Limited's Very Cherry. That one is a very sweet marachino cherry. Be careful with trying cherry blends though because they can ghost a pipe pretty good.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've been using a cob to smoke this so far, probably will keep it to that for now, can't see me dedicating a briar to it just yet, I've only smoked a couple bowls so the jury is still out on whether I'll pick up some more

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
BTW, most cherry blends that I smoke, with the exception of Hobbits Weed, burn pretty hot. More so than other aro's IMHO.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Smoking some right now zonomo and not hot at all, nor any bite whatsoever. Someone wrote on here that McClelland uses only high quality tobacco and I woild have to concur even with this lowly aro the quality seems high.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Just ordered a couple ounces of Hobbit's Weed to try it. Figure I have the Middle Earth series why not some Hobbit's Weed? Also grabbed some Nosferatu while shopping at Tewksbury online.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I've tried a bunch and this was my fav by far:
WILKE CHERRY CAVENDISH

Ripe cherries, gathered at the height of the season are turned into a cavendish casing and tastefully blended with rich vanilla Cavendish, Red Virginia and a light Burley. A distinctive cherry flavor and aroma.
From http://www.vtpipes.com/tobacco.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cherry Cavendish sounds like it might work, if some good tobacco comes through in the flavor.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Paladin Black Cherry! While I started with Middleton's Cherry 50 years ago in a cob, both Middleton's and Paladin Cherry have stood the test of time. I don't smoke either, anymore. But, I do repect those blends. They were my starters!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
I am not a huge fan of cherry blends myself, though I will enjoy a bowl now and then. I do however like Middleton's Cherry Blnd in a cob and always have a tub going to smoke now and then.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Smoked a fantastic cherry blend from my local B&M that they called "Cherries and Cream"
They have since closed there nearest location to me and I haven't been able to find the real name of the blend.
Although it's not like I've been trying that hard.
I think there's enough variations on the cherry blends from light handed to that kool-aid chemical taste that some crave for everyone to enjoy occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.