PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
A Chacom Louvre 875. Was my first estate pipe and still my favorite. A huge horn shape that handles aros perfectly.

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
My favorite pipe is the one I am currently smoking. As long as I get a good smoke from the pipe in my mouth, it is my favorite.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
pitchefork, the Pipeworks bowl irregular in round with fills is just my kind of briar! The perfection of

imperfection. Thanks for the great portrait of a great pipe.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
pitchefork, the Pipeworks bowl irregular in round with fills is just my kind of briar! The perfection of

imperfection. Thanks for the great portrait of a great pipe.
Thanks. Even the sides of the bowl are uneven. One side sticks up about half an inch higher than the other as it undulates around the chamber.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hands down my Brigham Chinook 426. Doesn't matter what I put in it, vapers, latakia, straight VA's, no ghosting, no gurgle, dry to the bottom every time. For the record I do not use the filter with this Brigham.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My favorite is my newest pipe, a poker by Don Warren I picked it up at this year's West Coast Pipe Show. I picked up a freehand by him at the 2013 WCPS and I really liked that one. It made every blend sing. This poker is exactly the same in smoking and I like the aesthetics of it even more than the freehand.
image21-600x600.jpg

image20-600x600.jpg

image22-600x600.jpg

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
My favorite of all time. Bent MM Diplomat 5th Avenue with a WBW "Nose Warmer" stem. May she R.I.P.

20140712_182458.jpg

Currently a Falcon fitted with a Hyperbole.

20141205_133135.jpg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
My favorite is a Colossal Algerian (French made) large straight bulldog. I picked it up from my buddies at the GatlinBurlier. They had bought a couple hundred NOS pipes from a widow, circa 2002, whose husband had shut down his own tobacco shop in 1959.
The pipe is top notch for any Virginia or VaPer, but when it comes to darker Virginias it is the heavyweight champ. The last time I had the original formulation of Three Nuns, it was in this pipe and was nearly a religious experience.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I love my Peterson Bent Mark Twain I bought back in the mid-to-late '80's. It has the right heft and feel in hand and smokes perfectly. I also have a an estate Dunhill Cutty 743 that practically smokes itself. Unfortunately the bottom of the chamber is buggered up but it is a good sized bowl so I refrain from smoking it all the way down and leave a little dottle to discard after each smoke. Happy puffin',
Dave

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I only have 30-some pipes, but they range from Savinellis to Petersons, customs to cobs. By far, my favorite smoker is an old LHS straight squat bulldog. I hope to acquire another one. It always delivers a perfect smoke.
image53-600x450.jpg

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
This one:

DSC_6100_s.JPG

It's a GBD Americana Model 1970 that smokes like a dream and just seems to fit my hand. I got it off E-bay about six months ago for a pittance.
Followed closely by this one:

DSC_6104_s.JPG

This one is a no name "Imported Briar" with a medico type filter that has a marvelously sensual feel to it and smokes almost as well as the GBD. I think I got it eight to ten years ago out of a pipe shop basket.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
That's a real hard question to answer as my Chacom, Peterson and cobs all deliver a fine smoke but believe it or not my favorite best smoker would have to be the cheap Medico Varsity pipe I got from 4noggins in a starters kit. It's a beautiful bent that came with a filter but the filter came straight out and I have never smoked it with one. But f I'm the first bowl that pipe became my travel pipe as well as my go to pipe when my hands are full because it's a great clencher and is so easy to maintain.
However if I am smoking a new blend or want to single out the many layers of a tobacco I go back to my P-Lip Petersons System as its draw is like drinking from a straw where it directs the smoke to a concentrated area on the tongue where I can really taste the tobacco much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.