PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I see many votes for Mac Baren Navy Flake. I'm thinking of ordering it. I'm between MB Navy Flake and Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls. I have not decided yet.
Both are exceptional but to me totally different. I’d personally think MB Navy would be the better of the two. Pete is great on its own but for me the MB is a little more flavor and punch ! In any event you can’t go wrong and if you can grab both nothing wrong with that either.
I hope you find one of them enjoyable ! Im curious to see what your thoughts will be😁

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Both are exceptional but to me totally different. I’d personally think MB Navy would be the better of the two. Pete is great on its own but for me the MB is a little more flavor and punch ! In any event you can’t go wrong and if you can grab both nothing wrong with that either.
I hope you find one of them enjoyable ! Im curious to see what your thoughts will be😁
I am leaning more to MB Navy Flake.

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Plus, the MB Navy Flake tin is 100gr (22.79$), and Peterson DLNR tin is 50gr (18.99$).

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Another vote for Mac Navy. C&D should make a new Navy flake and call it Haze Grey.

I finally got some Macbarren Navy. I was apprehensive about getting the 3.5oz size, but I'm glad I did! It's very good.

It's lighter than GH Rum Flake in both appearance and taste. But very pleasant. I'd like to find one that splits the middle between the two, and maybe I'll try to mix the two together, but I'm no blender.

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
My next trial is Windjammer. I really want to try SG Navy with the latakia, but unfortunately, Seattle Pipe Club cast a spell on my wallet with their vanilla rum release and the money just ran out of it! Next time I reup I'll get a tin. And if I don't like it, I'll send the rest to you guys. :)

Reactions: john19 and PaulRVA

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
+1 for SG Navy flake from me, it might be that middle ground between the MB and the GH Rum you're looking for! I would actually describe it as exactly that haha the sweet and rum is a notch down from the Rum flake but more noticeable from the MB, its sweet, and just a touch smokey from the very little Lat thats in it. It needs dry time for me, sometimes several hours where I'am, as do all SG tobaccos but its well worth it!

I haven't seen anyone recommend GL Pease Sextant. I would put that one on your list for sure! It's one of my favorites in general, and I think it would meet what you're looking for as well. It's very unique, its individual notes come and go through the smoke with some bits taking lead and then falling back, it's a nice mix of lightly sweet, a little smokey, rich, rum. I love the stuff!

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
+1 for SG Navy flake from me, it might be that middle ground between the MB and the GH Rum you're looking for! I would actually describe it as exactly that haha the sweet and rum is a notch down from the Rum flake but more noticeable from the MB, its sweet, and just a touch smokey from the very little Lat thats in it. It needs dry time for me, sometimes several hours where I'am, as do all SG tobaccos but its well worth it!

I haven't seen anyone recommend GL Pease Sextant. I would put that one on your list for sure! It's one of my favorites in general, and I think it would meet what you're looking for as well. It's very unique, its individual notes come and go through the smoke with some bits taking lead and then falling back, it's a nice mix of lightly sweet, a little smokey, rich, rum. I love the stuff!
Good description of it 👍