PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I'm also a bourbon man, but I do love a good dark beer! I do enjoy variety but the one I've been getting often is Belhaven Scottish. This is a full flavor beer lovers draught.
1163.jpg

This message was brought to you by the Jim Beam & Old Grandad lovers assoc. I don't always sleep with nerds, but when I do I prefer dos Trekies. Stay thirsty my friends.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
backwoodsbottlepreview.png

This is by far the best I have ever had. It is a scotch ale. If I am drinking light beer I like Amstel Light but my normal "go to" is New Castle.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
White Bark Ale:

This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with the addition of freshly ground coriander and curacao orange peel. Hops are outshone by the wonderful floral aromas that dominate the nose of this dry and quaffable beer.
This is most certainly my current favourite, from a microbrew on Vancouver Island.

product-photo-white-bark.png

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I'm not old enough to buy alcohol, but like most people my age, I've had a few beers. I think it tastes nasty. I prefer whiskey. Occasionally my dad will give me a glass of wine with dinner, so I like wine too.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I'm gonna be "that" guy...Budweiser.
I did my time with the micro-brews and honestly, I thought most of them were terrible. I found myself going back to Budweiser every time. It's crisp, clean and light.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I'm a big fan of Belgian Ales. The Monks make great beer. I especially like Westmalle (all), Rochefort (all), and Chimay Blue. Some of the other Belgians are just as good, such as, Delerium Nocturnum and St. Bernardus Abt 12.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, The Stork, & a good stout in a bottle. All of these things are a myth.
Buy in tall cans brothers.... always.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Glad to see my home country is well represented ;-)
Although the excellent and overwhelming selection makes it near impossible to choose, if pushed I would have to say that Gouden Carolus by the brewery Het Anker is probably my all time favorite. Hard to find states side, it is a nice hoppy dark beer in between the dark abbey ales and a good porter. If you ever come across it, highly recommended.
goudencarolusdor.jpeg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Or easier to find here, I would recommend Orval. A more bitter, lighter colored Trappist beer, still brewed by the Benedictine monks in the abbey of Orval in Southern Belgium. Excellent with some Va/Per on a warm day. The acidity and hoppy flavors of this beer would go really well with the peppery sweetness of Escudo or Hal o The Wynd.
orval-glass-sun.gif

Along the same line, Hoegaarden, a nice acidic wheat beer, is an excellent thirst quencher on a hot day.
hoegaarden-blanche-435850.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.