PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Whats the best Borkum Riff tobacco? I got a $1 pouch coupon offer and wanted to give it a try. Any thoughts?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Perique, I know what you mean. BR is pretty much a masochist's delight. I have to admit, I do like the taste of the Bourbon Whisky. I have to handle it with kid gloves, and can only smoke it successfully in a cob. I guess it's like snake handling and poison drinking in church- the reward is worth the danger!

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Whiskey has pretty good flavor, but Borkum Riff has a tendency to easily bite!
Isn't that coupon good for any Lane pouched blend?? I got one recently, and it could be used for Half and Half, Paladdin, Captain Black, or Borkum Riff: Captain Black is vastly superior to Borkum Riff. I used mine to get some Captain Black Royal.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
tamer... send it my way.
I like Borkum Riff. I like the Bourbon Whiskey most. But the best kind is the kind you get for a dollar.
:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whiskey would be my choice, and I've enjoyed a pouch or two over the years. I used my dollar coupon for some Sir Walter, for old time's sake. In pouch tobacco, if I weren't using a coupon, I'd opt for P&C Midtown series.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I forgot that SWR and SWRA are now a Lane product. That's probably the best thing to use the $1 coupon on, especially if your not a fan of Captain Black. I've not seen SWR locally though.
I am however a fan of Captain Black and the coupons over several months allowed me to stock up on 3 pouches of Regular, and one pouch of Royal!! Woohoo!!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I'm with Perique. Buy a lottery ticket with that buck. If your number comes up, cash it in and buy some decent tobacco. If your number doesn't come up, shred the ticket and smoke it. It will not taste worse than BR.

Status
Not open for further replies.