What's Going To Be Your First Bowl Of 2014?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Myself, I haven't decided yet, I'm kinda leaning towards Blue Mountain or Mazatec. If I go with one of those, then I'll probably smoke it out of my new Nording "925" Silver Series sandblasted straight billiard. If I go with an aro or a burley, then I'll probably go with my Peterson "03" Aran.
So what are you guys gonna have for a New Years bowl?

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
Yesterday I bought a tin of Peterson University Flake. I think, I will pop it at midnight and smoke the first bowl of 2014.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have the day off so I'll probably go look for some coyotes. This always involves my Chacom giant horn and a long smoke. For my first smoke I think I'll try a flake and a 1/2 of university and try the fold and stuff method for the first time.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I got 12 different Cigars that I've been itchin to find an occasion for...
But first pipe bowl will most likely be Peter Stockebyes Lux Navy Flake. I can't get enough of it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Probably English, probably Nat Sherman 536, probably in a billiard, but I have no idea

which one. (kashmir, that is one bulldog; be still my heart.)

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
mso - Nat Sherman's 536 is an excellent smoke. When I first tried it, I wasn't too impressed. Run of the mill English. But last week I popped the lid on a three old Ball jar I had in storage, and BAM! It's aged into a truly magical smoke. A really nice blend!

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
I think I will start off the New Year with smoking my Rad Davis blasted Zulu for the first time. I am leaning towards a bowl of Deep Hollow for the first smoke of the year, although Frog Morton On The Town is the other one I'm leaning towards, as I really am finding that I love it. I'm not sure if this means I'm on my way to being an English type of guy, since I've read here that the Frog Morton series are considered by many to be a "crossover" blend.
As for the Rad Zulu, I'm just not sure, yet, if I want to use this pipe for blends with Latakia, or keep it more in the VA realm. Thoughts or suggestions?

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
I'll certainly start the day with a bowl of Scotty's English Stout in a Bjarne freehand.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I only have two to choose from. Drew estates Central park stroll or emmersons capt delight. New pipes and free petersons tin still has not arrived from smoking pipes. It will be a week from Thursday, and I live 7 hours away from them. Sad start to the new year. I will smoke them both in my big ben.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Ohhh! Bowl of tobacco . . . not BCS. I'm guessing that sometime early in the day I'll carve up a bit of the rope I got last week, rub it out and enjoy a slow pipeful while savoring the aroma of the standing rib roasting in the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.