PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Didn't feel like cooking after a load of dishes. Bo's fried chicken.

View attachment 207148

I hate you. I hate you I hate you I hate you.

I’m a transplanted North Carolinian and I miss Bojangle’s more than I miss my family in NC. Any time I fly home, my brother picks me up at CLT with a tailgate pack in the front seat.

I’m beyond jealous. That box trumps all food, anywhere, ever. I’m honestly looking at booking a round trip home right now just for a few hours. Shit.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Made homemade pizza tonight, red sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese, salami, sausage, wild yellowfoot mushrooms, olives, red onions, jalapeños, and anchovies.

If I had known how easy it is to make pizza from scratch I would have been making it decades ago. I just figured this out a couple of years ago and now I make pizza at least once a month.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
anchovies.

If I had known how easy it is to make pizza from scratch I would have been making it decades ago.
Nice. Do you prefer to put anchovies on before or after the pizza is cooked? I prefer after to avoid overlooking and preventing the pizza from tasting like a salt lick.

Also, what is your recipe (if you don't mind sharing or taking the time to do so).

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Nice. Do you prefer to put anchovies on before or after the pizza is cooked? I prefer after to avoid overlooking and preventing the pizza from tasting like a salt lick.

Also, what is your recipe (if you don't mind sharing or taking the time to do so).
I usually put the anchovies on before cooking. Cooking them tends to slightly melt them into the pizza and infuse their flavor a bit more.

This is the pizza dough recipe I use. It's really simple, foolproof, and makes a delicious dough.

Pizza Dough Recipe - https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/pizza-dough-recipe/

This is the red sauce recipe I use:

1 15 oz can of tomato sauce

1 T olive oil

1T oregano

1 t chili flakes

½ t sugar

1 ½ t garlic powder

1 T fresh Italian parsley or basil

Salt and fresh ground pepper

Both the dough and the sauce recipes are enough for two large pizzas. I usually make one, then keep the dough and sauce for the second pizza in the fridge until I want to make the next one. The dough will keep for a few days refrigerated.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Saw this yesterday on my youtube algo. It's as good as it looks.<iframe width="880" height="495" src="
" title="Dublin Coddle - Irish Sausage and Potato Stew - Food Wishes" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Yes, it's lunchtime but this is my dinner, lol -- can't maintain my girlish figure if I eat later! For some reason I was craving something from college/post-college when I lived alone so . . . plain "Bimbo" (I love the name of this bread) white bread, jumbo Oscar Mayer beef wiener, Kraft processed cheese slice, leftover homemade chili and all . . . microwaved and so antithetical to this great thread I know. Back in the day it was two big wieners and a lot more chili, but my metabolism was a little different. Wife made chocolate chip cookies, so three of those will follow. Then I'll be on Saturday morning breakfast watch, haha.

B0B183B2-17D1-408E-B91B-AF6A99184807.jpeg

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Yes, it's lunchtime but this is my dinner, lol -- can't maintain my girlish figure if I eat later! For some reason I was craving something from college/post-college when I lived alone so . . . plain "Bimbo" (I love the name of this bread) white bread, jumbo Oscar Mayer beef wiener, Kraft processed cheese slice, leftover homemade chili and all . . . microwaved and so antithetical to this great thread I know. Back in the day it was two big wieners and a lot more chili, but my metabolism was a little different. Wife made chocolate chip cookies, so three of those will follow. Then I'll be on Saturday morning breakfast watch, haha.

View attachment 208422
Love the mustard addition. That's a must have for chili dogs in my opinion.

That dish reminds me of the chili dog grilled cheese sandwiches that I make. It's the same ingredients, just made like a grilled cheese.