PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Happy Father's Day to everyone, and as well, thanks for the 'happy' my way :)
Hope everyone enjoys the day.
When I got home from work Saturday night I made a compote with the strawberries we picked in the morning. The pickin's were slim, let me tell ya! We picked a 4L pail in 1hr, last year we picked 3 x 4L pails in an hour, and the previous year we picked 6 x 4L pails in just under 2hr. We have had lots of rain, but not enough sun shine to make the rain worth while to the crop. The berries are small, light in color and most of the plants are still flowering and have very small green berry buds or haven't flowered yet. After the sunshine and heat coming up this week they'll be nice and plump and ready for some summer enjoyment. It's still early in the season, we got a taste of first pick and we're heading back out next weekend for some more :D

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Zonomo, I'm jealous man! I have wanted a streetfighter for awhile. I love that bike.
As for me, my wife and three daughters ages 4, 6 and 8 are taking me to Hofbrauhaus in Newport, KY for lunch and then home to just spend the day together. I recently got my oldest a recurve bow for her birthday and wants to shoot today. She has been bitten by the archery bug and begs me to take her out to shoot! I love it! Spending quality time with the people that give me the privelege of being a daddy is my idea of a perfect Father's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.