PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
So in the morning I have quite a variety of tobacco turning up - emp, peterson deluxe, conisoir, Irish oak and festive 2012. Carey's aromatic sampler (5gs of 9 different blends).

What is the best thing for me to do. Obviously I would like to open each and have a good smell of them but logic tells me not to. To keep them closed until I'm ready to smoke. Am I right?

Which would you choose to smoke first?
Edit: Capitalized title, L.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
keep them closed until I'm ready to smoke. Am I right?
Yep.
Whatever is in a tin, if you don't plan to smoke it right away, don't open it.

Whatever is in a baggie or a sample, put it in as airtight of a container as you have. In ascending order of preference: ziplock bags, tupperware containers, ball jars.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
+1 roth, "Whatever you smoke, I suggest you take notes on each. It will be quite helpful trying to remember a blend later on. "

I have a pad I keep notes on all & it helps my old brain remember....if I can only remember where my pad is.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
I would get me some jars, open them all, then jar them up! I don't leave my tobacco in tins, they are opened and jarred up as soon as they arrive!

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Lol Philip I know I'm a newbie but I'm not that green. Or as my old grandad would say, not as green as I'm cabbage looking.

Jars. ....... now there sounds a plan cos I just know I'm not gonna be able to help myself!

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I'll try my best cajundad. Give me a couple of days because I'm not even a week old pipe smoker so probably the best I'll be able to offer is "that was nice" or "better than the other" . Like now. I've been enjoying st Bruno. EMP is smoother. Feels like more nicotine and burns better.

The Carey's didn't arrive :(

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
If they are all tobaccos you are anxious to try, open them up and put them in mason jars to keep them fresh. You can then take from them as you please.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Every time I get new blends in, I immediately open them and smoke them. I have no issues keeping open tins fresh for months. I currently have about 18 open tins that are part of my regular rotation. Like said above, do what you like there are no rules.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Cajundad. The Carey's arrived this morning and I've tried the wild cherry 2027. Now this is their aromatics range but tbh it was not particularly aromatic. I only have Peterson holiday season 2012 as a comparison tho, which I love! It is however imo a nice smoke. Initially sharp and Smokey but no tounge bite and mellows as the bowl goes on. The room note is I would say that of tobacco not one a non smoker would appreciate.

Sorry this is the best I can do mate. Put it this way. I would recommend it to try.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
33 goin on 10 lol

not normally one to jump on the bandwagon but hell I'm loving the EMP!

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
I would put them all in a box. Then mail the box to me thus alleviating any stressful decision making on your behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.