PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
Hello y'all,
I inherited some pipes from my late grandfather. One of these pipes is a "the pipe" made back in the 60's from space age materials for its time. I have read aromatics are not good to smoke in a pipe like this. Only English blends I have tried are Margate and a blend called And So To Bed. Well I will give a new blend a try, what smokes well in a pipe like this?
Travis

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
I forgot to mention I did also try plumb pudding by Seattle Pipe Club, that blend was not for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Travis

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Each pipe has its own personality, in my experience. No way to find out rather than to try some out.
What's it made of?

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
dieseltech:
Your description of The Pipe reminds me of something which Wham-O (the company which brought us the Super Ball, Super Elastic Bubble Plastic, and the Frisbee) would have marketed during that same era. I concur with escioe: simply keep plugging until you find a blend (or blends) which work for you in it.

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
if you google "the pipe" go to the .info one. it can tell you everything. It's a plastic body with some poly carbon scientific something for a bowl. It's pretty neat.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I just looked at the link rsuninv posted, fascinating. What a great remembrance of your grandfather and how to cool to smoke one of his pipes. Unfortunately, all of my family were cigarette smokers so there were no pipes to inherit, I think it is great you have one of his pipes.

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
i listen to the show and read the site, it tells me not to smoke anything I'd normally smoke. So I was looking for suggestions, maybe someone has one and could make a recommendation. My Grandma has a brain tumor and it has effected her memory, she now doesn't remember him smoking a pipe. So she can't tell me what he used to smoke. Just looking for help, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.