What Pipe would You Like to have Back? Why?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Back near 2003 or so, I had a connection in Italy with A Castello Retailer and three conversion rate was quite favorable to the dollar. I had 3 or 4 incredible Castello "Donkey Nuts" Hawkbills and an extraordinary Castello Great Line Collection 4k that I'd love to have back. These were long, gracefully curved Hawkbills, I have no idea how they managed to drill them.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Jwebb90
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Loosing something has never been easy. I would have rather given it away than lose or stolen. My family went through a house fire in 2001 and many framed art work and photos were lost. For a few years I would be looking for something and had to remind myself it was destroyed. This included about six pipes from my early '20's.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
A Sasieni Specially Selected One Dot billiard in excellent shape. Why? Because it was the best looking pipe I've ever owned. Because it was the best smoking pipe I've ever owned. Because it was a piece of history I'll never get back. Personally selected for the stamp by founder Joel Sasieni. I doubt I'll ever find another in that good shape. I miss it.

Reactions: AroEnglish

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A solid Dunhill billiard is what I miss most. It was gifted to me by a cousin whose father attended the university I was just starting my Freshman year. It was his father's, class of 1903, so it had both age and history to it, before I lost it.

Also, as runner up, a neat Barling pot I bought in the 60's. Loved that little guy, and I don't like pots generally. Don't know how that slipped away, either.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
None. If I sold them they needed to go and if I gave them away, I got pleasure from the giving. The last two pipes I gave away (both Eltang’s) end up in the “What Are You Smoking “ thread regularly, and I get enjoyment knowing that someone else is thoroughly enjoying them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
None. If I sold them they needed to go and if I gave them away, I got pleasure from the giving. The last two pipes I gave away (both Eltang’s) end up in the “What Are You Smoking “ thread regularly, and I get enjoyment knowing that someone else is thoroughly enjoying them.
You be one lucky guy. Or just careful! No pipe lost or stolen, or badly damaged in any way!

Reactions: hauntedmyst

billnc

Lurker
Jul 3, 2016
A kaywoodie billiard that I acquired when I was 16. I would keep it hidden from my parents when I was in high school and I left it at home when I went to college. I remember over Christmas break searching in my room so I could take it back to school with me and I never found it. My parents never mentioned finding in my room and it is still a mystery whatever happened to it. I throughly enjoyed my first pipe and only pipe for 2 years. Periodically smoked a pipe in college and gait when I graduated. Started back smoking a pipe at 40.

Reactions: AroEnglish