What Pipe Tobacco Did Bing Crosby Smoke Besides Crooner?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It's true that I didn't like Crooner at all (though I wanted to), but lately I thought about trying it again to see if time has changed my mind. Problem is, I wouldn't spend money doing that. I have been smoking Hayward Mixture, which is what Bing did smoke for sure, and it's not bad. Not great either. It's a middle of the road American English. I'm going to write a review of it soon.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I'm looking forward to hearing about "Hayward Mixture" although I don't think I'd be able to obtain any.
I wonder if "Chestnut" or "American Patriot" -- both of which I am enjoying -- are at all similar to Hayward Mixture?
Both are American English blends I do believe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Stanlaurel: they are in a fairly similar vein, but there are differences. While I don't mind smoking the Hayward Mixture, I prefer the two blends you mentioned.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jon Guss sent this to me, and thought some of you would like to see it.
file-277x600.jpg

Reactions: vosBghos

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bing was a show business mega-star, so he may have had a cellar of sixty blends ... sort of like a Forum's member.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Hmm... I purchased a 12oz. tin of Hayward several years back. Divided the tobacco in half and packed it into two

large mouthed Mason jars.
Maybe it's time to dig that out and give it another try. I remember smoking a couple bowls worth which reminded me of the old Barking Dog mixture.
Very interesting that Bing smoked Hayward. Learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.