PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
28 in racks, 3 on stands, 45 in cases, drawers, displayed in my display case, etc. The ones in rotation lay on my smoking table or the double well pipe ashtray. I keep 5 or 6 in rotation, and swap them out weekly.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
88337368-6E2F-4B5E-9BAD-DDCC0794EB62-98282-00006EEB53387FA6_zps5bb1f510.jpg
About 60 pipes in here. A 1/4 of my collection, had this made for tobbaco and pipes with 100 yr old cypress, they were on my table in pipe room and I couldn"t turn around, took took tobbaco out and put it in btm drawers. The old cajun

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
CA6639C6-1564-44ED-89AB-6CD5D3BA9479-98282-00006EEF586D8695_zpse4e02027.jpg
About 50 here some of my better pipes, on top of a roll up high boy, running out of room, below these is a open shelf that I keep about 30 pipes, more on another table. The old cajun

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
None. I only have three briars that set in a hand made box given to me by my father inlaw. My meers go in their cases I have two and one needs a stem. And a hand full of cobs that set here and there.

gregbc

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
Prefer mine (about 20) in 3 racks, and I have a few that stand on there own. When I'm not smoking them I really enjoy looking at them being displayed. Also they are great conversation pieces.

gregbc

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
Prefer mine (about 20) in 3 racks, and I have a few that stand on there own. When I'm not smoking them I really enjoy looking at them being displayed. Also they are great conversation pieces.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I have three pipe racks. One is only six pipes, another holds eight pipes and a third rack 24 pipes. All my pipes are held in my pipe racks and none in drawers, boxes or any other storage. I am running out of pipe rack and will be looking for a fourth pipe rack.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I currently have 24 pipes in my 36 count cabinet, 1 larger pipe in a 6 pipe stand and my 7 day set in it's case. I have enough rack space for another 23 pipes, although I doubt very much I will fill all the slots. I am still thinning the herd with another 6 or so pipes that need to be moved out.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Unfortunately for me I have a surplus of rack space, while all of my pipes fit neatly on one of my pipe racks I do have two more racks waiting to get filled.

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
Rack all of them (all being only 6) The missing two are at my brothers house. I'm trying to get him to give up nail's for the pipe. He's got my bent Boswell freehand and a poker. Also hooked him up with some EMP and H&H Manor Heights to get his feet wet. He's a 3 pack a day man... :roll:

That rack was $15 on ebay.

marlboromoro

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
Serious pipe envy over here *drools* lol, kashmir that is a beautiful collection! Love the way everyone's organised their pipes, I'm getting ideas here :D All of mine are currently racked, save for a churchwarden and my two minuto pipes. The Savinelli Minuto's I keep in the original case because I like being able to grab the bag and have everything I need for a quick smoke, and the Churchwarden because it's a no name and I don't want it alongside my better pipes. I just keep it in its original cloth lined case below the racks. I'm looking to get a 24 pipe rack from CupOJoes, its going to cost me about 208 USD to get it to Australia though, so its something I'll be getting in a few weeks or even a month from now. That way I can keep growing my collection slowly without having to worry about storage.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
I currently have two pipes, with two more on the way, one in transit, the other being made and probably here in a week or two. So now I'm looking at racks. The two pipes here now, I either set in the ashtray or place together n a small, wide mouth Mason jar, but I don't think that's very good for drying the bowls.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
None of my half a dozen pipes are in racks.

Once they have aired out, I put them in their socks on the bookcase.

The only difference is a plain meer, which sits in a small jug, to avoid getting damaged.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
From the outset of my piping I kept my pipes in racks, but then a few years back took the advice (offered in another on-line venue) of sablebrush52 and moved them all to the commodius drawers of a four-drawer Governor Winthrop desk in my den. These 80-some-odd pipes rest there on towling.
Since the move I have experienced much less oxidation on their Vulcanite stems, and much less dust accumulating in their bowls. I have them arranged alphabetically by maker so it is easy for me to find a particular pipe. Further, it is easy to rearrange the contents of the drawers, so as my collection continues to grow I can accommodate new additions (at least to-date).

Status
Not open for further replies.