What Percent of Your Pipes Are In Plain View?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
2 Fresh Silver Gray Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
12 Fresh Ashton Pipes
3 Fresh Dirk Heinemann Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Exactly 96%.
I try to keep the collection between 20 and 30, for reasons I have discussed elsewhere. Right now there are 25 exactly. Only one -- a nice, lattice engraved meerschaum -- cannot be seen b/c it lives in a fitted case.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
All of mine are in plain sight. I have a 42 pipe rack, a 6 pipe rack and a Prince Albert can that I keep my cobs in. I also have one meer and a calabash on the shelf, but they're in their own hard cases.

Jul 15, 2011
All of my pipes sit either on a shelf on the bookcase or on my desk in pipe racks, so 100% of them are out for the whole world to take a gander at.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've got find a better way to store my pipe collection. I started with two of my own and four of my grandfather's. Now I'm up to almost over thirty pipes with very limited space. About twenty or so are on pipe racks, the rest are in a drawer. I'm going to have to start selling some pretty soon. Already going through the mourning process. :crying:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
13 in my display case, 18 in my glass door cupboard, 12 on a display rack, 3 on stands here and there, and three or 4 laying out at the smoking table. Those aren't really on display though. That leaves 40 divided up between my travel bag, storage case, and places where they cannot be seen.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I have 18 in plain view and about that many more that are not ...
I'm pondering a solution to bring the latter group "out of the closet" (so to speak) ...

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
99%, in several racks, in the garage. Exceptions are a calabash that won't fit in a rack, and an heirlook meer that has it's own silk-lined leather case.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
99% -- All 48-50 briars are out in stands. The only "visible" exception is a single meerschaum, which stays in its own case.
Bob

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
All in plain view on display in my office/den. It makes deciding which to smoke terribly difficult.. haha.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Of my modest collection of 16, seven are "out of sight", while the others are in a rack or holders in plain view. The seven "out of sight" are in a standup rack with a roll-top front. I thought it was pretty cool when I bout it 25+ yrs ago. Happy puffin', 8)
Dave

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
100%. I bought and restored an old oak, bow-front cabinet last year which holds all of my collection behind glass on racks and stands. God help me if I outgrow it...

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
100% in view for me. I like to look at them when I decide which one to smoke. If I didn't have them all out I'd forget about some of them.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Four on the desk and I don't know where the rest are since the move as I was in the hospital when we moved . My daughter did keep one large box with various tobaccos in it separate for me though .

Status
Not open for further replies.