What Movie Remake Would You Like To See?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
The movie was the combination of a couple of books. "Crow Killer" I think was used to only to provide the skeleton of the protagonist. "Mountain Man," a novel, was the basis for the movie. So, no sense in comparing the either of the books to the movie. I believe "Mountain Man" had a lot of Johnson in it but, it was a novel.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It would be nice to see some of the old Ealing films done again, in fact one of my favourites 'whiskey galore' is coming out this year I believe.
Great Scott! Great news. Hope you post a notice when it's out!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
To offer some clarification regarding my "Pirates of the Caribbean" - I want a great story like Captain Blood, but done with the quality capable of what we saw in Pirates. Story is always king. I do agree with some of the comments that finding someone who could carry the film both in the actor and director role. A great story needs a great team.
Errol Flynn would be so hard to replace in the Peter Blood role; even as his first American made film, he was great. Quoth Peter Blood, "Bedad! It's epic!"

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I'd like to see a remake of Wild Guitar.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe because Redford could not sing
If you want to hear some truly terrible singing in a Western, catch Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood in Paint Your Wagon

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Dune is th only movie that needs a remake. Leave everything else alone.
I'm mean, hell, look at the Star Wars remake...Episode 7 The Force Awakens, gag!
On the other hand, leave Lynch's Dune and Harrison's remake alone. These remakes are like giving Government the option to get in the Cannibis business, Once it's done it's a fuck up. Leave the movies alone and leave cannabis to the black market. :mrgreen:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sable Labyrinth was a masterpiece. Thank you for your contributions on that brilliant film. :clap:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Now, I thought Marvin's "I was Born Under a Wandering Star" was extremely well done. His voice fit that song to a tee. I doubt anyone could have done it better. Better technical voices abound but, Marvin's was the perfect voice for that song in that movie, extremely evocative.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
SALO%252C+O+LE+120+GIORNATE+DI+SODOMA+-+Italian+Poster+1.jpeg

I don't know if anything could top the original though.
51BTTDSw2QL.jpg

I would like to see this remade definitely, take out the cheesy 80's feel and with the advances in technology it could be sh*t your pants scary.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I am thinking the Exorcist and maybe Labyrinth.
Labyrinth? Remake Labyrinth? Put the bulldog full of weed down. A remake would be an insult to the original. Huge fan of that movie.
The problem with everyone's idea of remakes, is that if they're ever done, it NEVER satisfies. It gets nothing but ridicule, because it always gets compared to the original.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There is an inherent risk to remaking a classic. Sure the technology provides more seamless tools for telling the story. But the magic that a great cast, director, director of photography, and editor create is impossible to reproduce. Could The Wizard Of Oz or Gone With The Wind be improved upon?
Even Frank Capra couldn't pull it off when he remade Lady For A Day as Pocket Full Of Miracles. Was the remake of Psycho an improvement over the original?

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I don't want any remakes! Why remake a movie that you liked? You already like it! :P
Seriously, all those wonderful movies that we 've liked were original ideas. Ok, few were remakes too (The Thing (1981) comes to mind) but that's beside the point.
I've given up on Hollywood. Only American independent and non-American movies for me...

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
1984....directed by Terry Gilliam!
That would be awesome.
Not exactly a remake, but I thought it would be cool if HBO decided to do a Sopranos prequel. Like, it would show the Soprano family in the 1960s. It would be like Sopranos meets Mad Men. I'd watch the hell out of that.

A new Smokey and the Bandit with Johnny Depp, Matthew McConaughey, and Amy Shumer, as they use a Prius, social media, and cell phones instead of CB's and muscle cars. I'm kidding, just kidding, he he.
I don;t want to see a remake of anything. Get original. I hardly ever watch a movie more than once, and a remake counts as twice in my book. Get original and take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.